Bose Lifestyle 25 weird spidf problem

Old July 22nd 05, 06:34 AM
Terry Dalton

Default Bose Lifestyle 25 weird spidf problem

I have a Bose Lifestyle 25 w/ a digital coax/spidf input. My Denon DVD
player has both Toslink and Spidf audio outputs. If I run the spidf output
to the Bose I get no sound BUT if I use the Toslink output and an external
converter that converts to spidif it works fine. Anyone ever hear of
anything like this? My Motorola HD box has spidf output and it also does
not work but unfortunately it has no toslink output so I can't see if the
conversion will work with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TD
Old July 25th 05, 06:43 AM

Terry Dalton wrote:
I have a Bose Lifestyle 25 w/ a digital coax/spidf input. My Denon DVD
player has both Toslink and Spidf audio outputs. If I run the spidf output
to the Bose I get no sound BUT if I use the Toslink output and an external
converter that converts to spidif it works fine. Anyone ever hear of
anything like this? My Motorola HD box has spidf output and it also does
not work but unfortunately it has no toslink output so I can't see if the
conversion will work with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TD

Just a guess, check the setup in the Deonon to see if you have to turn
on the output you want. Step 2, buy a real HT system.