Tetra (Airwave)

Old November 14th 18, 10:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

Default Tetra (Airwave)

"Scott" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 12:09:12 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 12/11/2018 12:04, Scott wrote:

Would Radio Scotland (242m) interfere with BBC Light (247m)? They
would be very close for tuning purposes.

Down here in the north Midlands/ Yorkshire area I could hear Radio
Scotland OK despite very strong 247.
I used to be able to tune Caroline South and Caroline North (199 and
201m) without problems.

We had (and presumably still do) Radio Wales on 882 and Radio 2/5 on 909
without any issues. Again 3 channels apart.

I thought Radio Scotland was 810?

James

Old November 15th 18, 08:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 14/11/2018 21:10, James Heaton wrote:

I thought Radio Scotland was 810?

BBC Radio Scotland was, and still is 810, Pirate Radio Scotland was 1241
(242 m)

Pirate Radio Scotland predated BBC Radio Scotland by some years (Similar
applies to the two Radio Londons )

--
Mark
Old November 15th 18, 11:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On 14/11/2018 21:10, James Heaton wrote:

I thought Radio Scotland was 810?

BBC Radio Scotland was, and still is 810, Pirate Radio Scotland was 1241
(242 m)

Pirate Radio Scotland predated BBC Radio Scotland by some years (Similar
applies to the two Radio Londons )

Thanks Mark, I had forgotten the pirate station of that name!

James

Old November 16th 18, 03:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On 14/11/2018 21:10, James Heaton wrote:

I thought Radio Scotland was 810?

BBC Radio Scotland was, and still is 810, Pirate Radio Scotland was 1241
(242 m)

Pirate Radio Scotland predated BBC Radio Scotland by some years (Similar
applies to the two Radio Londons )

And the original Radio West was fictitious (and run on a Shoestring)
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old November 16th 18, 09:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 16/11/2018 02:48, Graham. wrote:
On 14/11/2018 21:10, James Heaton wrote:

I thought Radio Scotland was 810?

BBC Radio Scotland was, and still is 810, Pirate Radio Scotland was 1241
(242 m)

Pirate Radio Scotland predated BBC Radio Scotland by some years (Similar
applies to the two Radio Londons )

And the original Radio West was fictitious (and run on a Shoestring)

Radio West was a commercial radio station which broadcast from a disused
Midland railway station in Bath.

I know, because I won one of their phone-in competitions and had to go
there to collect my prize.

It closed down years ago, and their FM frequency is now used by another
commercial station called The Breeze, which is nowhere near as entertaining.

Jim

Old November 16th 18, 10:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Graham. wrote:
On 14/11/2018 21:10, James Heaton wrote:

I thought Radio Scotland was 810?

BBC Radio Scotland was, and still is 810, Pirate Radio Scotland was 1241
(242 m)

Pirate Radio Scotland predated BBC Radio Scotland by some years (Similar
applies to the two Radio Londons )

And the original Radio West was fictitious (and run on a Shoestring)

and I still remember the storyline of eposode 1!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old November 18th 18, 08:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 16/11/2018 08:06, Indy Jess John wrote:

Radio West was a commercial radio station which broadcast from a disused
Midland railway station in Bath.

I know, because I won one of their phone-in competitions and had to go
there to collect my prize.

It closed down years ago, and their FM frequency is now used by another
commercial station called The Breeze, which is nowhere near as
entertaining.

The original real Radio West was Bristol's ILR station, it opened in
October 1981, with studios in Bristol's Watershed. The transmitters were
at Dundry (96.3 FM) and Mangotsfield (1260 AM).

They got into financial difficulties, and in 1985 were bought out
by Swindon's Wiltshire Radio. The two services merged, to form GWR with
peak time opt outs for Bristol and Wiltshire. They added an opt out
service from Bath on 103.0 FM, with a small studio in the city.

GWR then started buying up other ILRs in the south, west, and midlands.
It then merged with Capital Radio, to form GCAP, and even more stations
joined the group. Then they swallowed up LBC and the Heart network.
Today there are dozens of ex ILRs either called Heart or Capital.

96.3 in Bristol and 103.0 in Bath now both carry Heart Bristol.

There may well have been a small station in Bath called Radio West, but
nothing to do with the original 1981 station

https://www.transdiffusion.org/2001/08/15/radiowest

--
Mark
Old November 18th 18, 02:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

[...]

Mark, have you any anecdotes of anyone getting "radio links" and
"Radio Lincs" confused? No? Just me then, a long time ago.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old November 18th 18, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 18/11/2018 13:07, Graham. wrote:

Mark, have you any anecdotes of anyone getting "radio links" and
"Radio Lincs" confused? No? Just me then, a long time ago.

Ha no, but it sounds like a comedy moment !

--
Mark
Old November 19th 18, 01:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

On 18/11/2018 13:07, Graham. wrote:

Mark, have you any anecdotes of anyone getting "radio links" and
"Radio Lincs" confused? No? Just me then, a long time ago.

Ha no, but it sounds like a comedy moment !

Yes, I couldn't figure out why engineers in Quay St Manchester were
being rostered to a BBC radio station miles away.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%