Back to sky?

Old September 6th 04, 12:12 PM
hendry

Default Back to sky?

As a former Sky digital subscriber I have received an offer for half
price subscription for 6 months and a replacement digibox.

I think I understand the offer. I guess the mimimum package offering
footie is "Sky family pack with Sky sports world" for 16.50UKP per
month for the first 6 months.

The replacement digibox is more pressing. Why do I need a new one? What
are the pros and cons of replacing my old Grundig (I didn't know I
owned it!?)? The replacement it said to be worth 149UKP(!).

If I get this offer for just 6 months with the replacement, I wonder if
that means they can take my digibox away when I just want to be
Sky-free and watch FTA channels like BBC/ITV?

Old September 6th 04, 12:24 PM
Dave Fawthrop

On 6 Sep 2004 03:12:38 -0700, "hendry" wrote:

| If I get this offer for just 6 months with the replacement, I wonder if
| that means they can take my digibox away when I just want to be
| Sky-free and watch FTA channels like BBC/ITV?

Wait till the end of this year.
$ky have anounced some sort of change, with ITV1 Ch4 and Ch5 available for
some sort of one off fee, but details are not yet clear.

--
Dave F

Old September 6th 04, 12:53 PM
hendry

Well football is about to start...

I already receive ITV, CH4 and CH5 on the $ky platform without a
subscription to $ky.

Old September 6th 04, 01:20 PM
Steve

"hendry" wrote in message
Well football is about to start...

I already receive ITV, CH4 and CH5 on the $ky platform without a
subscription to $ky.

Get thee money out then... That's all Sky are interested in seeing.. The
colour of your money, and plenty of it at that !

Old September 6th 04, 01:28 PM
Jon

"hendry" wrote in message
Well football is about to start...

I already receive ITV, CH4 and CH5 on the $ky platform without a
subscription to $ky.

The offer in question ties you to a 12 month contract. The first 6 months
at half price, the second 6 months at full price. So the second 6 months at
full price will fall between February and July (the summertime when $ky
usually struggle to attract viewers). Then its footie season again and all
the viewers (hopefully) come back again!

Jon

Old September 7th 04, 11:47 AM
Ed

I just called them up and they said that you CAN cancel after 6 months

Offer ends 26/09/04 - Everyones Happy leaflet / letter- 6 months 1/2 price
on
Sky world with sky family pack (£20.50)
Sky family pack with sky movie world (£17.50)
Sky family pack with sky sports world(£16.50)
Sky family pack(£9.50)

08702 430 784 quoting 'Amazing'

Old September 7th 04, 12:52 PM
Mike GW8IJT

"Jon" wrote in message

"hendry" wrote in message
Well football is about to start...

I already receive ITV, CH4 and CH5 on the $ky platform without a
subscription to $ky.

The offer in question ties you to a 12 month contract. The first 6

months
at half price, the second 6 months at full price. So the second 6

months at
full price will fall between February and July (the summertime when

$ky
usually struggle to attract viewers). Then its footie season again and

all
the viewers (hopefully) come back again!

Jon

Well I have the all the premium Sky channels except the sports channels.
Football is about as interesting as watching the paint dry IMO.
Now Snooker - that's TV heaven :-o)
Regards Mike.

---

Old September 7th 04, 12:56 PM
Stuart Bell

Ed wrote:

I just called them up and they said that you CAN cancel after 6 months

Some sales people will say anything to get you to sign. Still ckevk the
small print first.

Stuart
--
Try stuartsmacs at dsl dot pipex dot com to email me.
The writing of Sarah Kent plumbs new depths in Shark
Old September 8th 04, 11:27 AM
Ed

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:52:44 +0100, "Mike GW8IJT"
wrote:

Well I have the all the premium Sky channels except the sports channels.
Football is about as interesting as watching the paint dry IMO.
Now Snooker - that's TV heaven :-o)

Is there a watching paint dry channel on Sky yet?

There seems to be about everything else, so it can't be long...

Old September 8th 04, 09:57 PM
smb

wrote:

Well I have the all the premium Sky channels except the sports channels.
Football is about as interesting as watching the paint dry IMO.
Now Snooker - that's TV heaven :-o)

Is there a watching paint dry channel on Sky yet?

There seems to be about everything else, so it can't be long...

Not a full channel, but...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05...ing_paint_dry/

Eureka! My PBS is back Harri85274 High definition TV 5 November 13th 04 12:52 AM
How do you get the back off the sky+ remote RCE Defiant UK sky 19 October 24th 04 05:52 PM
Whats 'Las Vegas' Back? Scott UK sky 3 September 10th 04 08:03 PM
WHAAY! Car chases are back Alan A UK sky 2 April 28th 04 10:46 PM
WHAAY! Car chases are back Alan A UK sky 0 April 28th 04 05:15 PM