Rigger's Diary - hopping mad

Old October 1st 03, 07:54 PM
Alick

I've discovered that urinating on one's knees is surprisingly difficult,
but
urinating on one leg is even worse. Bill

Wouldn't it be better to urinate on the water....?

Old October 1st 03, 08:25 PM

Yeah... but did the poor buggers manage to get their aerial? I bet they're
having to put up with the snowy and ghostly images in their midst.

No, I finished the job before being taken to casualty.

Tough Bill

Old October 1st 03, 08:26 PM

I'd assumed that Bill would have selflessly used the few hours until he
was dragged off to orse piddle to put the aerial up :-)

Yes I did.

Selfless Heroic Bill
History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted
all other alternatives.
Abba Eban, The Times, 1970.
Old October 1st 03, 08:30 PM

I've discovered that urinating on one's knees is surprisingly difficult,
but
urinating on one leg is even worse. Bill

Wouldn't it be better to urinate on the water....?

No, on one leg is best. It trickles down into the sock and brings warmth and
comfort to the injured foot.

Disgusting Bill
Old October 1st 03, 09:38 PM
Orange

"Bill" wrote in message
Steel scaffold tubes are very heavy

Lucky it didn't fall on your head..

Unlikely it would have done any damage...

I knew I'd come to the wrong place for sympathy . . .

Bill

Never mind Bill I feel certain that young 'Li On Tum' will pander to your
every whim.

Old October 2nd 03, 12:09 AM
Clint Sharp

In message , Bill
writes
I've discovered that urinating on one's knees is surprisingly difficult, but
urinating on one leg is even worse.

I've found that copious quantities of alcoholic beverages help, after
imbibing liberally, I usually have little difficulty urinating on my
knees, legs, feet, bathroom floor etc..........

--
Clint
Old October 2nd 03, 12:16 AM
Ross

In message , Bill
writes
I've discovered that urinating on one's knees is surprisingly difficult,

but
urinating on one leg is even worse. Bill

Wouldn't it be better to urinate on the water....?

No, on one leg is best. It trickles down into the sock and brings warmth and
comfort to the injured foot.

Disgusting Bill

And nappy rash no doubt if you dont use the correct grade of talc :-0

Get better soon Bill.
--
Ross Lockley
Galashiels

http://www.analoguesat.co.uk

Reply address is spam trapped. Remove the trap to reply direct.
Old October 2nd 03, 01:22 AM
Aztech

"Bill" wrote in message
Yeah... but did the poor buggers manage to get their aerial? I bet they're
having to put up with the snowy and ghostly images in their midst.

No, I finished the job before being taken to casualty.

"Oh, it was just a broken arm, but I reset the bone myself"

Az.

Old October 2nd 03, 02:07 AM
John

Bill wrote:

I've had a mishap. This morning a steel scaffold tube fell across my right
foot. Steel scaffold tubes are very heavy - I can only just lift one - and
this one was travelling quite fast. The pain wasn't too bad at first,
although I felt shocked - a bit nauseous and detached from reality.

Safety footwear? HSE?

--

Remove spam trap in email address.
Old October 2nd 03, 02:37 AM

Safety footwear? HSE?

Safety footware was in use and didn't help one little bit. The damage was on
the upper foot, above the steel protection. Strangely, the bruising and
swelling has now spread right down the foot almost to the toes.
I wasn't going to mention this because I thought you'd think I was making it
up, but in fact it was a safety barrier that fell on my foot.