Local Knowledge?

Old October 6th 03, 10:57 AM
Fludge

Default Local Knowledge?

Hi.
I posted that utterly useless version of my transmitter reception info, for
which I appologise. In response to the notion that maybe someone else on
here can offer me a little annecdotal advice, I thought I'd just give you my
location, instead of a messed up table.

I live in Bramhall, just outside Stockport, on an estate - the Ringmore
Road. Anyone have any info about this location and which transmitter I
should be on, its characteristics, orientation etc. Thanks again, and
sorry.

Old October 6th 03, 12:50 PM
John Rumm

Fludge wrote:

I live in Bramhall, just outside Stockport, on an estate - the Ringmore
Road. Anyone have any info about this location and which transmitter I
should be on, its characteristics, orientation etc. Thanks again, and
sorry.

Not local info (sorry Essex boy!) but based on your grid reference you get:-

http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd....L&OS=SJ895845+

--
Cheers,

John.

Old October 6th 03, 05:41 PM
Paul Ratcliffe

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 11:50:35 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Fludge wrote:

I live in Bramhall, just outside Stockport, on an estate - the Ringmore
Road. Anyone have any info about this location and which transmitter I
should be on, its characteristics, orientation etc. Thanks again, and
sorry.

Not local info (sorry Essex boy!) but based on your grid reference you get:-

http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd....L&OS=SJ895845+

Streetmap says SJ901869 which is somewhat different.
This location has the main Winter Hill transmitter almost exactly North
West and virtually line of sight. Should be no problem.