DTV customer service changed their minds

Old October 15th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
C what I mean

Default DTV customer service changed their minds

(Long story.. sorry)

I called DTV last night after having some channels out for weeks.. we were
actually able to get them working over the phone.. but.. I found out all the
HD equipment they told me (back when purchased) would work with the new HD
channels is useless. MPG2 vs the needed MPG4. They tried to sell me new
receivers for $99 each. They said they would upgrade my dish to the 5 LMB
and my switch to the high speed one.. When I expressed my disappointment
with being sold a bill of good a few years ago they offered up one HD
receiver no charge.. I laughed and we talked a bit longer.. after that..
they offered up a second. This will replace the two I have now.. but..
there is a catch that I stumbled into..

The catch.. I would have to pay twice what I am paying now for non HD
programming and extend my contract for two more years. However, when I
questioned the price increase for only a few channels he says it would be
the same as I am paying now.. $11.95 per HD receiver.. I then started in
with.. you better not be charging me for HD programming because DTV is not
delivering it to me and I canceled the HD programming three days after the
initial installation because of lack of programming. I asked him to check
to see what they were charging me.. he seemed reluctant.. I insisted that if
they had been charging me for HD for the last two years, they will have to
refund me the difference for the entire time because they had not delivered
HD ever! He then starts in on the "DTV policy is to only credit back the
last 90days" After I got done explaining that the law supercedes their
policy about charging for services not delivered, he backs down and says I
can not help you.. Good night!

Turns out they have not been over charging me, but he could have avoided
that entire exchange had he just looked.. But now they "can't help me"
because I stood my ground about over charging..

Has this happened to any of you?

Old October 17th 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
SAC 441

Most states have a statute of limitations on recoveries by both seller
and consumer to the previous 3 years.However,this is just a general rule
of thumb.It can vary state to state,so it helps to check with your state
Attorney General's Office for the limitations statute as it applies to
you.

Old October 20th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
RVer Don[_2_]

what is the IIRC? I googled it with no luck..

If I remember correctly. I don't know how you could have missed it in
Google.