Series 1 PTV300 by Philips Repair

Old February 14th 11, 10:13 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Nevada Slim

Default Series 1 PTV300 by Philips Repair

My series 1 died, I get a green screen that says "A severe error has
occured". Is there a repair facility still working on series 1s? I
ues it as a back-up when the wife ties up the cable DVR.

Thanks
Old February 14th 11, 05:09 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Character

Nevada Slim wrote:

My series 1 died, I get a green screen that says "A severe error has
occured". Is there a repair facility still working on series 1s? I
ues it as a back-up when the wife ties up the cable DVR.

Thanks

First, try just unplugging it for a while.

Then, you can get a new hard drive (a highly likely cause of the
failure) from Weaknees and install it yourself. It's VERY easy.

If you don't have lifetime service, it would be worth it to just buy a
new a new Series 2 (craigs list or ebay) for far less than a repair
would cost (on the order of $25 without lifetime service). Weaknees
will repair for you. You might be able to convice Tivo to transfer
your lifetime service.

If you DON'T have lifetime service on it, then certainly replace it.

- Character

Old February 14th 11, 05:21 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Doug McIntyre

Nevada Slim writes:
My series 1 died, I get a green screen that says "A severe error has
occured". Is there a repair facility still working on series 1s? I
ues it as a back-up when the wife ties up the cable DVR.

Yes, http://www.weaknees.com/flat-fee-tivo-repair.php

BUT, its only worth it if its on a lifetime service. Otherwise buying
a newer used one, or even a brand new Premier and getting a cablecard
to drive it would be cheaper.

Old February 16th 11, 10:43 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Questor

We loved our old series 1 but finally bought a Magnavox DVR available
through WalMart web site. We use it for OTA DTV as it has a built in ASTC
tuner. It's programmed using timers like a VCR so as not to infringe on
Tivo's patents.

Old March 17th 11, 04:49 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Todd[_2_]

On Feb 16, 5:43*am, "Questor" wrote:
We loved our old series 1 but finally bought a Magnavox DVR available
through WalMart web site. *We use it for OTA DTV as it has a built in ASTC
tuner. It's programmed using timers like a VCR so as not to infringe on
Tivo's patents.

You can get it repaired at digitalrecorder.com or transfer the
lifetime service to another tivo as well
Old May 11th 11, 01:59 AM
slnuidqe slnuidqe is offline
Banned

Location: Russian
Send a message via ICQ to slnuidqe

www.homecinemabanter.com hack
admin panel
login
www.homecinemabanter.com25
password
595582
Old May 11th 11, 02:01 AM
slnuidqe slnuidqe is offline
Banned

Location: Russian
Send a message via ICQ to slnuidqe

www.homecinemabanter.com hack
admin panel
login
www.homecinemabanter.com21
password
459652
Old May 11th 11, 02:02 AM
slnuidqe slnuidqe is offline
Banned

Location: Russian
Send a message via ICQ to slnuidqe

www.homecinemabanter.com hack
admin panel
login
www.homecinemabanter.com59
password
187605
Old May 11th 11, 02:05 AM
slnuidqe slnuidqe is offline
Banned

Location: Russian
Send a message via ICQ to slnuidqe

www.homecinemabanter.com hack
admin panel
login
www.homecinemabanter.com39
password
676236

Will Series 2 remote work with Philips Series 1 Tivo? [email protected] Tivo personal television 2 October 24th 06 04:46 PM
Philips TV repair Mark UK digital tv 4 September 10th 06 01:50 AM
series 1 repair in los angeles Irv Tivo personal television 1 February 16th 05 07:55 PM
Philips Repair -- how ticked off should I be? SamNHisDog Tivo personal television 1 March 17th 04 11:02 AM
Phillips PTV300 madscientist Tivo personal television 0 September 30th 03 05:02 PM