Panasonic SC-PT450 DivX playback issues

Old August 6th 07, 03:54 PM posted to uk.media.home-cinema

Default Panasonic SC-PT450 DivX playback issues

Hi All,
I have just bought a Panasonic SC-PT450 home-cinema system
and was told that it would play DivX format files even though I cannot
find anything in the instructions or on the box that state it can,
looking on the www there is evidence that it should, has anyone had
any luck. It maybe of course that the dvd player is a little picky
about how the file was encoded, I have used "DivX for Windows 6.6" to
encode the .avi source file in to DivX format. I have managed to get
my sons portable DivX ready dvd player to play the file OK but not my
expensive Panasonic player - again, has anyone had to mess around with
the DivX codec configuration to get it working...

cheers, Mark.