HDMI switching receiver for HR10-250 DVR.

Old September 14th 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
RJGraham

Default HDMI switching receiver for HR10-250 DVR.

Hello,

I am looking for an A/V receiver capable of switching HDMI from my HR10-250
DirecTV DVR and DVD player to a single HDMI input on my Samsung HDTV.

Does anyone know of problems/success with switching HDMI output from the
HR10-250,
or DVD player (I haven't selected a DVD player yet) ?

I have googled reports of switching problems with some hardware (e.g. cable
boxes) and issues with HDCP and was wondering if anyone had some direct
experience with the HR10-250.

Also, a recommendation on a AV receiver with HDMI would be nice ( $1500).

Thanks for any help.

-Randy

Old September 14th 06, 04:13 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

"RJGraham" wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for an A/V receiver capable of switching HDMI from my
HR10-250 DirecTV DVR and DVD player to a single HDMI input on my Samsung
HDTV.

Does anyone know of problems/success with switching HDMI output from the
HR10-250,
or DVD player (I haven't selected a DVD player yet) ?

I have googled reports of switching problems with some hardware (e.g.
cable boxes) and issues with HDCP and was wondering if anyone had some
direct experience with the HR10-250.

Also, a recommendation on a AV receiver with HDMI would be nice (
$1500).

Thanks for any help.

-Randy

I can't give you any recommendations based on my use, but I am looking at the Yamaha 2600. It does what you want to,
although I don't know if it has had the switching problems you describe. Check it out he
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-u4W4Caz...0&I=022RXV2600
Chip

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB
Old September 14th 06, 04:59 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
RJGraham

I can't give you any recommendations based on my use, but I am looking at
the Yamaha 2600. It does what you want to,
although I don't know if it has had the switching problems you describe.
Check it out he
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-u4W4Caz...0&I=022RXV2600
Chip

Thanks Chip.

The Yamaha RXV2600 and the Denon AVR-280 seem to be the top two contenders
I've found so far.

There are cheaper JVC, Sony, Pioneer and Onkyo units out there with HDMI
switching but they all have some problems with HDMI.

-Randy

Old September 14th 06, 05:00 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Charlie Hoffpauir

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:03:43 -0400, "RJGraham"
wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for an A/V receiver capable of switching HDMI from my HR10-250
DirecTV DVR and DVD player to a single HDMI input on my Samsung HDTV.

Does anyone know of problems/success with switching HDMI output from the
HR10-250,
or DVD player (I haven't selected a DVD player yet) ?

I have googled reports of switching problems with some hardware (e.g. cable
boxes) and issues with HDCP and was wondering if anyone had some direct
experience with the HR10-250.

Also, a recommendation on a AV receiver with HDMI would be nice ( $1500).

Thanks for any help.

-Randy

The new Samsung units seem to all have 2 selectable HDMI inputs (in
addition to several other inputs).

Charlie Hoffpauir
Old September 17th 06, 06:38 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Stew

wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for an A/V receiver capable of switching HDMI from my HR10-250
DirecTV DVR and DVD player to a single HDMI input on my Samsung HDTV.

Does anyone know of problems/success with switching HDMI output from the
HR10-250,
or DVD player (I haven't selected a DVD player yet) ?

I have googled reports of switching problems with some hardware (e.g. cable
boxes) and issues with HDCP and was wondering if anyone had some direct
experience with the HR10-250.

Also, a recommendation on a AV receiver with HDMI would be nice ( $1500).

Thanks for any help.

-Randy

I've got a set-up similiar to yours and am using a JVC RXD702 without
any kind of problem. I've had it for almost a year and never lost a
handshake.
Old September 17th 06, 03:40 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
RJGraham

wrote:

[...]

Excellent !!!

Thanks Stew.