4dtv signals fading 15 minutes every 120 minutes

Old February 22nd 09, 03:21 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro

Default 4dtv signals fading 15 minutes every 120 minutes

I have had my Motorola 922 4DTV set up for about 10 years. Since last
spring, the digital signals have faded out for 15 minutes every two
hours almost like clockwork. I replaced the LNB with the best on the
market, preamp wise and stability wise t no avail for the Ku and C
band at the antenna, using a 9 foot dish, tried replacing the coax and
checked for bugs in the Tube at the antenna. I notice others having
the problem with other blogs. Having been in RF for a long time, I
think it might not be my set up and could be the down link from the
satellite. I know that the "small disk" folks want me to disco the
"Big Ugly Dish" and throw out the 4DTV unit and higher prices.
I just dont think it is my set up. Watching the signal drop from 75 to
42 every 120 minutes for 15 minutes and suddently "spring back to 55
and climb back to the 60s" then repeat the same in another 120 minute
cycle, seems to me, that someone could be dropping the signal to
encourage us Big Ugly Disk owners to go to the "Little dish". Every
movie is affected so it is nearly impossible to watch a complete movie
from beginning to end without it fading out somewhere in the 90 to 120
minute movie. Oh yes, the C Band is consistently at 96 and does not
vary every a number in strength every two hours. G1, CO, G5 and other
KU are affected as a group. All downlink KU signals drop off at the
same time but not the C band stations.
Anyone else had this problem?
Old February 22nd 09, 05:22 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
PaulTry

wrote:
[...]

What Ku signals are you receiving in Digicipher on your 922?
The only one left with regularly scheduled programing is
OETA on AMC 5.
Old February 24th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Felix Miata

Could be a 922 problem. Try inquiring at http://www.ats-electronics.com/ with
your same question, or just call them.
--
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your
mouths, but only what is helpful for building

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/

BBC3 and UTC -30 minutes Johnny B Good UK digital tv 8 February 6th 08 01:03 AM
Turn your pc into a super tv in 2 minutes [email protected] Tivo personal television 3 March 27th 06 07:21 AM
60 Minutes? Brad McGann Satellite tvro 0 March 21st 04 10:59 PM
60 Minutes 2 tootal2 Tivo personal television 7 March 5th 04 10:51 PM
EPG clock 10 minutes slow? Brendan DJ Murphy UK sky 19 September 21st 03 09:02 PM