4DTV Interactive Programming Guide

Old April 3rd 05, 06:51 PM
Hoofum

Default 4DTV Interactive Programming Guide

Is there a problem with the 4DTV's IPG? Over the past few days, my
dish has been going to Galaxy 11 overnight instead of Galaxy 10R,
except this last night, when it didn't move at all (maybe due to the
time change?). I haven't had an IPG for a couple days now. Has it
moved from Galaxy 10R or are there problems with it?
Old April 3rd 05, 07:45 PM
SAC 441

It has moved to Galaxy 1.....move it to any digital channel and park it
there.If it is a model 920 like mine,you will need to do a "soft reboot"
to erase the old chip file that steers it to Galaxy 10 (G0).TVN ceased
operation and the IPG signal that was based there with it.

Old April 3rd 05, 11:22 PM
Valdivar

http://www.bigdish.info "news"
http://www.onsat.com "updates"

http://www.satforums.com

Old April 4th 05, 12:26 AM
Hoofum

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 17:22:35 -0400, "Valdivar"
wrote:

http://www.bigdish.info "news"
http://www.onsat.com "updates"

http://www.satforums.com

Thanks for the links! I bookmarked them.

.. .

Old April 6th 05, 06:17 AM
Paul M

SAC 441 wrote:

It has moved to Galaxy 1.....move it to any digital channel and park it
there.If it is a model 920 like mine,you will need to do a "soft reboot"
to erase the old chip file that steers it to Galaxy 10 (G0).TVN ceased
operation and the IPG signal that was based there with it.

I didn't have to do that. My switched on its own.

Old April 7th 05, 02:30 AM
fredtv

The bad news is, Galaxy 1 for me is too far west (a big fat honkin' tree
is in the way) so I guess I shan't be getting the IPG anymore.

Have you considered moving your dish to the roof to clear the trees?
Mine has been up there nine years. No roof damage. No storm problems.

Old April 7th 05, 03:36 AM
Edward Susterich

I have a GI 4dtv and did the soft reboot and got the Program Guide off of
G1. Subsequently I have a problem: I am unable to select M5. Everyting
else is normal, but selecting M5-- nothing happens.
Is this related to the new download, or do I have a unique problem with my
receiver? I repeated the soft reboot, and the inability to select M5 is
still present. If this were analog only satellite, I could reassign an
unused designation and tune for the M5 position. M5 is all digital, so I
can't do that.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hoofum wrote:

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 10:45:11 -0700, (SAC 441) wrote:

It has moved to Galaxy 1.....move it to any digital channel and park it
there.If it is a model 920 like mine,you will need to do a "soft reboot"
to erase the old chip file that steers it to Galaxy 10 (G0).TVN ceased
operation and the IPG signal that was based there with it.

Ok, thanks I have a 922, so I guess I don't need to do a soft
reboot. The bad news is, Galaxy 1 for me is too far west (a big fat

Old April 7th 05, 06:55 PM
Hoofum

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 00:30:26 GMT, "fredtv" wrote:

The bad news is, Galaxy 1 for me is too far west (a big fat honkin' tree
is in the way) so I guess I shan't be getting the IPG anymore.

Have you considered moving your dish to the roof to clear the trees?
Mine has been up there nine years. No roof damage. No storm problems.

I already have my dish bolted to the side of the house with a long
steel pole. The dish itself is about the height of the roof, if not
higher. The trees in question are *tall*. Not sure how tall exactly.
200ft? 100ft? Something like that? The best option would be to cut
down the trees, but since I'm already moving in a couple months, it's
not too worth it, and plus one of the trees that's a problem is my
neighbor's tree. (We both have the same kind of trees next to each
other in our backyards.) It's a large ash tree. Might be able to
look up the height online, maybe.