BBC links abroad

Old July 11th 19, 03:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_3_]

Default BBC links abroad

On 11/07/2019 13:19, Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
Scott wrote:

Just a thought - if I send link to a BBC News page to an email address
outside the UK, is there any guarantee the recipient will be able to
open it? Outside the UK I think you are directed to BBC World News
instead.

The Internet Archive typically archives pages from the BBC news
website very quickly.

For example, go to https://archive.org/web/ and type this URL into the
"Browse History" box:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48947922

You'll see that it has been saved it twice today already. Click on
today's date in the calendar, choose the time you want, and you'll see
their copy of it. Then you can send the URL of that page to whoever
you want.

If by some chance they haven't yet archived it, there's a "Save Page"
option.

Of course it's possible that thet BBC have asked the Internet Archive
not to make these pages available elsewhere, but I doubt it.

-- Richard

I can see that link on the BBC site in Spain. Its about the French tax
on Google.

Dave
Old July 15th 19, 10:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on July 29, 2019.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:35:03 +0100 (GMT+01:00), "Graham."
wrote:

Just a thought - if I send link to a BBC News page to an email address
outside the UK, is there any guarantee the recipient will be able to
open it? Outside the UK I think you are directed to BBC World News
instead.

you are

right piece of **** idea that is

tim

Ah yes, to coin a phrase
"Nation shall speak peace unto Nation["

I receive links to BBC News pages
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old July 17th 19, 08:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rink

Op 11-7-2019 om 11:17 schreef Scott:
Just a thought - if I send link to a BBC News page to an email
address outside the UK, is there any guarantee the recipient will be
able to open it? Outside the UK I think you are directed to BBC
World News instead.

I don't think so.
But try me (The Netherlands)
Send the link to me.

Rink
Old July 18th 19, 07:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Wade[_3_]

On 17/07/2019 20:46, Rink wrote:
Op 11-7-2019 om 11:17 schreef Scott:
Just a thought - if I send link to a BBC News page to an email
address outside the UK, is there any guarantee the recipient will be
able to open it?Â* Outside the UK I think you are directed to BBC
World News instead.

I don't think so.
But try me (The Netherlands)
Send the link to me.

Rink

Rink,

Why shouldn't links to the news site not work? Links to videos yes but to

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

He was panicking needlessly. Whilst there is no guarantee, most of the
BBC News web site works just fine in most of the world. Some videos
won't play but thats life these days.

Dave
Old July 18th 19, 12:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on August 1, 2019.

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 21:46:01 +0200, Rink
wrote:

Op 11-7-2019 om 11:17 schreef Scott:
Just a thought - if I send link to a BBC News page to an email
address outside the UK, is there any guarantee the recipient will be
able to open it? Outside the UK I think you are directed to BBC
World News instead.

I don't think so.
But try me (The Netherlands)
Send the link to me.

No need I get links to BBC News often in NL. I've never had a problem opening
them.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rink

Op 18-7-2019 om 13:48 schreef Martin:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 21:46, Rink
wrote:
Op 11-7-2019 om 11:17 schreef Scott:
Just a thought - if I send link to a BBC News page to an email
address outside the UK, is there any guarantee the recipient will
be able to open it? Outside the UK I think you are directed to
BBC World News instead.

I don't think so. But try me (The Netherlands) Send the link to
me.

No need I get links to BBC News often in NL. I've never had a
problem opening them.

The BBC iPlayer does not work here.
And some of the video's "are not for your country".
But I always can open the links.

Rink