Xbox (not 360) MCE Extender work with freeview (UK DVB)? Which PCI tuner will it work best without stuttering?.

Old July 8th 06, 08:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.media.home-cinema,microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,uk.games.video.xbox

Default Xbox (not 360) MCE Extender work with freeview (UK DVB)? Which PCI tuner will it work best without stuttering?.

Hi,

I have the original Xbox which is networked to a MCE XP 2005 PC.
I have a modded (cheapmod) Pal UK Xbox (not 360) with a 100Mbit wired
connection to a 2005 XP Media Center Edition PC 2.8Ghz P4, 1Gb Ram, 2x
Hauppauge Nova-T 909 tuner cards, Asus P4S800 motherboard, I have the
WinDVD installed for the mpeg2 decoder. I have got the Media Center
Extender kit which was only sold in the US. When I watch Live TV
through the Xbox it is jerky. It jumps every 3-5 seconds. It shows
more when there
is a zoom movement or a lot of movement in the TV camera's picture.
When the picture is more static you don't notice it. Thanks. I have the

MCE patched right up to date with the most up to date rollup and have
put the roll up 1 on the Xbox hard drive. (TV is fine when played back
through the PC). This is probably an NTSC PAL, 60hz 50hz, US UK
incompatibilitly however when I take out the hauppauge Nova-T 909 tuner
cards and put back in the Hauppauge 150 MCE PVR and just run it off
analogue terrestrial TV there is no jerking at all with the Xbox
Extender. Unfortunately this only gives me 5 analogue
channels as with the Nova-T digital broadcast cards I got 20 or 30.
With the
Nova-T the ITV channels didn't seem to stutter but the bbc ones did. Is

there a digital TV card out there that doesn't give this stuttering
with the Xbox extender or is it just the way that the individual TV
companies choose to encode their digital signals. Is there a Digital
DVB PCI card that won't produce this jerking? Has anyone tried
alternative brands or different drivers like black gold or terratech?