Sad news and the hedge

Old August 23rd 19, 05:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Sad news and the hedge

We had a good happy seven years during which Hil recovered from the
series of cardiac arrests and the stroke. This year looked promising.
Hil bought me a tractor from my birthday and we had a lot of fun doing
it up and mucking about with it. We started to plan our holidays, and in
late March we were considering several fairly ambitious trips in the
motorhome.
In the first weeks of April Hil was slightly troubled by persistent
diarrhea but the GP changed her medication and it seems to fix it for a
while. About the same time she noticed that our front hedge was not
showing signs of spring (it hadn't looked very good for a few years).
It's more like a farm hedgerow than a domestic hedge by the way. We
thought that all the little trees and bushes had died, but on close
examination we could see feeble signs of life. We speculated that the
ivy was to blame. The internet said ivy doesn't kill trees, but Hil said
she was going to strip it off anyway. So, day after day, for weeks, she
was at the hedge in her disability scooter, hacking the ivy off. Her
determination has always astonished me. Finally it was done, and it was
about then that Hil took a turn for the worse. Blood tests suggested
cancer. After that we had three months in which she was in and out of
hospital, all the while slowly deteriorating. But during that three
months we would look out of the front window to see the hedge come
miraculously to life. Two little trees had died, but all the rest were
as healthy as anything and were sprouting new growth all over the place.
Soon what had been sparse and barren was almost solid green. Four nests
appeared, so together we watched the birds come and go, right through
until the last day came, and she died in my arms.

Old August 23rd 19, 07:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 23/08/2019 17:44, Bill Wright wrote:

the last day came, and she died in my arms.

You and I have had our differences, but I am no less sympathetic than
anyone else for that. Please accept my condolences.

One spring many years ago, I spent an entire day climbing and ripping
the ivy out of a whitebeam tree in my garden. That year, nothing much
seemed different, but in following years in the season of gathering
bleakness the crop of berries was astonishing and wonderfully colourful.
Old August 23rd 19, 07:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

[...]

Bill

condolences Bill, this has certainly put my worry about a prostate scan
into perspective.
Old August 23rd 19, 09:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
James Heaton

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
[...]

Oh Bill you have had a couple of years of it haven't you.

My deepest sympathies.

James

Old August 24th 19, 12:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_12_]

[...]

I met you and Hill when I paid you a visit some years ago, your dad
too. You have our deepest condolences, Graham & Susan.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old August 24th 19, 01:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 17:44:33 +0100
Bill Wright wrote:

[...]

So sorry to hear the news, Bill. My sincerest condolences.

--
Davey.
Old August 24th 19, 12:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/08/2019 00:04, Graham. wrote:

I met you and Hill when I paid you a visit some years ago, your dad
too. You have our deepest condolences, Graham & Susan.

Yes I remember. Thank you.

Old August 24th 19, 12:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 24/08/2019 01:19, Davey wrote:

So sorry to hear the news, Bill. My sincerest condolences.

Thank you.

Old August 24th 19, 06:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Friday, 23 August 2019 17:44:31 UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

My sincere condolences Bill, but as you point out - life goes on.
Old August 25th 19, 09:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

In article , Bill Wright
wrote:
[...]

Sad to hear about this. Sympathy and condolences. My wife and I have been
lucky thus far in that she's survived some 'near death' episodes, and some
bad times, so I've have a glimpse of what you have been though.

What you wrote above particularly affected me because when I was able to do
some gardening I took particular care to arrange the part of the garden
near the living room window had flowers almost all year round so she could
see them when unable to go out or see anyone. Having things flowering,
seeing the birds, etc, can be a real tonic for how someone feels.

Jim

Sad news Robin[_10_] UK digital tv 43 August 29th 19 01:21 AM
Another sad story Bill Wright UK digital tv 50 February 10th 07 02:03 AM
Poll: Would buying one of these make me sad? Andy F Batter UK home cinema 30 August 23rd 04 02:15 PM
Poll: Would buying one of these make me sad? Andy F Batter UK home cinema 0 August 15th 04 11:42 AM
Voom is near doom 1,627 customers total!!! financial report released sad Dan the fan High definition TV 24 March 12th 04 05:04 PM