Rescan problem

Old July 24th 19, 04:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

Default Rescan problem

I have a Hauppauge DVB-TV T1 card in my computer that has always given
good service. The signal needs boosting for a scanning and I have a plug-
in pre-amp that does this, BUT

I currently have messages on several channels to rescan:

20 Movies4men (Is the only one showing up now but others will reappear
this evening).

and several others are just blank:

14 True Entertainment
90 True Movies
103 Sony Crime Channel +1

Rescanning doesn't pick them up. Might they have been moved to a T2
multiplex?

--
Mint 19.1, kernel 4.15.0-54-generic, Cinnamon 4.0.9
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
Old July 24th 19, 04:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

pinnerite wrote:

14 True Entertainment
90 True Movies
103 Sony Crime Channel +1

Rescanning doesn't pick them up. Might they have been moved to a T2
multiplex?

moved but still T1, but you might not get those channels because ...

your transmitter doesn't carry a local mux at all
doesn't radiate the local mux in your direction
doesn't radiate the local mux with enough power to reach you
Old July 24th 19, 07:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
pinnerite

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:49:25 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

pinnerite wrote:

14 True Entertainment 90 True Movies 103 Sony Crime Channel +1

Rescanning doesn't pick them up. Might they have been moved to a T2
multiplex?

moved but still T1, but you might not get those channels because ...

your transmitter doesn't carry a local mux at all doesn't radiate the
local mux in your direction doesn't radiate the local mux with enough
power to reach you

I should have mentioned that we get good signals from Crystal Palace.

The reason I need a bit of amplification is because the coax run from my
loft distributor to my 'office' is quite lengthy,

Old July 24th 19, 09:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 24/07/2019 16:49, Andy Burns wrote:
pinnerite wrote:

14 True Entertainment
90 True Movies
103 Sony Crime Channel +1

Rescanning doesn't pick them up. Might they have been moved to a T2
multiplex?

moved but still T1, but you might not get those channels because ...

your transmitter doesn't carry a local mux at all
doesn't radiate the local mux in your direction
doesn't radiate the local mux with enough power to reach you

I am in a different area so have a different local mux.

If I rescan in the morning I tune in the local mux. Sometimes I get a
watchable reception and sometimes I don't I am right on the fringes of
the area the local mux radiates to.

If I rescan in the evening, I don't tune in the local mux at all. If I
have tuned in the local mux in a morning, the channel is there, but in
the evening I get a No Signal on the screen when I tune to it.

If your one has moved channel, is you aerial now picking up a weaker signal?

Jim

Old July 24th 19, 10:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

pinnerite wrote:

I should have mentioned that we get good signals from Crystal Palace.

You should get the localtv mux on uhf35, power is lower compared to main
muxes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_transmitting_station#After_switchov er

rescan Martyn UK digital tv 4 October 21st 05 08:55 AM
rescan or not? Trevor Wright UK digital tv 3 October 19th 05 02:58 PM
Lost programme info on EchostarT101 since E4 rescan Tash UK digital tv 0 May 29th 05 09:15 PM
Lost sky travel at rescan James Salisbury UK digital tv 2 May 20th 05 07:27 AM
Time to ReScan Stuart UK digital tv 0 October 1st 03 12:09 PM