News24 timefilling

Old June 27th 19, 09:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Default News24 timefilling

So now we get to watch the newsreader using a smartphone to browse
through the top 10 news stories on the BBC news website, and play the
most popular videos ... marvellous.
Old June 27th 19, 10:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

On 27/06/2019 in message Andy Burns
wrote:

So now we get to watch the newsreader using a smartphone to browse through
the top 10 news stories on the BBC news website, and play the most popular
videos ... marvellous.

The one that killed me was Ros Atkins standing in front of a large screen
and pointing to his neck and saying "look, no tie". They really have lost
it.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Indecision is the key to flexibility
Old June 27th 19, 11:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

wrote:

So now we get to watch the newsreader using a smartphone to browse
through the top 10 news stories on the BBC news website, and play the
most popular videos ... marvellous.

The one that killed me was Ros Atkins standing in front of a large
screen and pointing to his neck and saying "look, no tie". They really
have lost it.

For me, it was the business 'correspondent' standing in front of a
big screen , in the studio, talking to someone in the far east,
while holding a sheaf of papers which he was flapping and waving
as though he was 'giving a presentation' in front of a live
audience.
Old June 27th 19, 05:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Really? For what purpose exactly?
I'm glad that its been over two years since I watched the news channel.

Old July 1st 19, 05:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alex[_5_]

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
So now we get to watch the newsreader using a smartphone to browse
through the top 10 news stories on the BBC news website, and play
the most popular videos ... marvellous.

Their ability to talk about basically nothing for long periods by
filling the time with meaningless waffle is quite a skill, and perhaps
requires similar training to that of presenters on a shopping channel,
where they can spend 10 minutes talking about a mop.
Equally amusing are the 'expert' guests they have on, ruthlessly
misleading the viewer in order to justify state policy, with fake
opposition and/or useful idiots making an unduly-poor
counter-argument.
Best not to watch it.

Old July 1st 19, 06:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_4_]

I can beat that.

Two reporters with their own camera crews and links back to BH standing
outside LegCo in Hong Kong prattling on about nothing for well over half
an hour! Started on BBCNC just before 17:30 and was still going on 40
mins later - and NOTHING was happening!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old July 1st 19, 07:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_4_]

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 17:54:08 +0100, "Alex" wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
So now we get to watch the newsreader using a smartphone to browse
through the top 10 news stories on the BBC news website, and play
the most popular videos ... marvellous.

Their ability to talk about basically nothing for long periods by
filling the time with meaningless waffle is quite a skill,

I don't know - I have made a career of it :-)
Old July 1st 19, 09:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 01/07/2019 18:51, Woody wrote:
I can beat that.

Two reporters with their own camera crews and links back to BH standing
outside LegCo in Hong Kong prattling on about nothing for well over half
an hour! Started on BBCNC just before 17:30 and was still going on 40
mins later - and NOTHING was happening!

I hope you were multitasking when you were watching this!

Old July 1st 19, 10:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_4_]

On Mon 01/07/2019 21:21, Bill Wright wrote:
On 01/07/2019 18:51, Woody wrote:
I can beat that.

Two reporters with their own camera crews and links back to BH
standing outside LegCo in Hong Kong prattling on about nothing for
well over half an hour! Started on BBCNC just before 17:30 and was
still going on 40 mins later - and NOTHING was happening!

I hope you were multitasking when you were watching this!

No chance - I leave that to SWMBO!

Old July 19th 19, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Andy Burns wrote:

So now we get to watch the newsreader using a smartphone to browse
through the top 10 news stories on the BBC news website

Has the channel had a re-style? ticker(s) now eating the bottom 1/4 of
the screen and scrolling vertically ...