Storing DVD's

Old June 5th 19, 10:49 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default Storing DVD's

Maybe not the right group but I'll try.

I have about 800 DVD's that I've bought over the years. I've digitized every one
to .mp4 files and have them on an external hard drive hoooked to my smart TV. So
if I want to watch a movie, I just change the TV input to the hard drive, pick
out the movie and watch it.

My problem is storage of these DVD's that I really no longer have to use, but I
certainly don't want to get rid of them. Does anytone know if it would be safe
to put them in storage boxes and put them in my basement? Do DVD's go bad? I'd
like to free up the space they're currently occupying. Thanks for any input.

---

Old June 7th 19, 03:33 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
whosbest54

In article , says...
Maybe not the right group but I'll try.

I have about 800 DVD's that I've bought over the years. I've digitized every one
to .mp4 files and have them on an external hard drive hoooked to my smart TV. So
if I want to watch a movie, I just change the TV input to the hard drive, pick
out the movie and watch it.

My problem is storage of these DVD's that I really no longer have to use, but I
certainly don't want to get rid of them. Does anytone know if it would be safe
to put them in storage boxes and put them in my basement? Do DVD's go bad? I'd
like to free up the space they're currently occupying. Thanks for any input.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4908081/ns/technology_and_science-games/t/when-optical-discs-go-bad/

Store them vertically in a location that is dry and doesn't have too much temperature variation.

whosbest54

https://whosbest54sites.000webhostapp.com/rao.htm

https://whosbest54sites.000webhostapp.com/rmb.html

If the pages time out, try whosbest54sites.000webhostapp.com in
a site unblocker proxy like: http://www.site2unblock.com

Old June 7th 19, 10:44 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

UHD = 4k resolution. 8k is the next step beyond UHD.

Old June 9th 19, 05:36 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

You may have to wait awhile. 1080i is the best you can get for OTA and cable broadcast at the moment.
Old June 10th 19, 04:44 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Like I said, 1080i is the best you can get for OTA and cable, excluding other sources.
Old June 11th 19, 05:33 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
John McWilliams

On 6/10/19 PDT 8:44 AM, wrote:
Like I said, 1080i is the best you can get for OTA and cable, excluding other sources.

As you said.

Who cares about low quality video?