Sad news

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 27th 19, 06:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

Default Sad news

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 17:16:15 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

Roderick Stewart wrote:
Bill,

I've been deliberating what I could possibly say here that wouldn't
sound trite or simply a duplication of what others have already said,
but I realise I must add my sympathies if only to swell the numbers,
because the real message is that you are not alone. It's a bizarre
situation that a bunch of people who only know each other as words on
a screen and will probably never meet can regard each other as friends
to the extent of sharing each other's sorrows, but there we are.

I think the point somebody made about grandchildren is a particularly
strong one. I know you've got grandchildren; you've mentioned them
plenty of times, and every time you do I am reminded of my own, and
the strange uplifting mixture of worry, frustration, amazement and
pure love that nothing else can provide. It's like having children all
over again, but this time with the time and patience to cope with it
better (and give them back when you've had enough). I know I would be
a different person without mine. Try to see yours as often as you can.
(I expect you will anyway). Anything you can do to add to their
knowledge and experience or just let them know how much they mean to
you will help them cope with whatever their own lives throw at them.
Nothing can replace your loss of course, but grandchildren can give
you a sense of purpose and meaning like no other, and I'm sure this
will help.

I hope it also helps you to know that your occasional colourful and
amusing reminiscences of some of the crazy situations you have been in
and various wacky people you have met are very much appreciated. I
expect it will be some time before you feel like sharing any more of
these with us, but if you ever think you do, don't hesitate. I'm sure
I speak for most of us when I say that the uplifting effect your
stories have on our otherwise mundane lives is greatly valued.

Rod.

+1

Another +1

--