Looks like I managed to find the cause of 4g getting into the Ch 62and Ch 64 modulators....

Old July 26th 19, 10:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Looks like I managed to find the cause of 4g getting into the Ch62 and Ch 64 modulators....

On 26/07/2019 19:00, Terry Casey wrote:

The Stock Exchange system I worked on in the 70s used these
resistive splitters and as we used the full band from 45MHz to
230MHz, any reflections were virtually guaranteed to affect
something!

One I recall was a double ring on one channel which made it
impossible to read. I checked all the obvious things but found
nothing wrong but then went out into the corridor and looked
up and there was a nice fresh cable running along the top of
the wall. On investigation, the install had only been done the
previous day.

I found a ladder and went up to the original tee which had, of
course, been changed from the original terminated one and
popped a terminator in the output socket. Perfect pictures!

Down the corridor to the newly installed tee. On
investigation, the 75 ohm terminating resistor had been fitted
on the tap instead of the through feed, leaving the main feed
unterminated!

Yes, that sort of thing often betrays the work of a tamperer.