LG LST 3410 DVR

Old March 5th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

Default LG LST 3410 DVR

Could anyone give a review for this item ? Is LG Electronics planning
on releasing a newer version (model) with a 6th generation chip anytime
soon ? I'm tempted to buy this DVR but its now considered "old"
technology since this model was released in '04. Should I wait till the
"3610" model (if there is one in the making) comes out ??

Old March 5th 06, 11:21 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv

"HDTV Fan" wrote in message
ups.com...
Could anyone give a review for this item ? Is LG Electronics planning
on releasing a newer version (model) with a 6th generation chip anytime
soon ? I'm tempted to buy this DVR but its now considered "old"
technology since this model was released in '04. Should I wait till the
"3610" model (if there is one in the making) comes out ??

I really love mine and have been using it for over a year, but I really
doubt that they will come out with a new model. They had lots of problems
with the early machines and firmware, especially with the TV Guide, and had
lots of machines returned , etc. However, I've been lucky and have no
problems whatsoever. Since my HD is 100% OTA this DVR works well for me.
Also, since I have a D-VHS recorder, I am able to archive the HD programming
that I want to keep to tape, since the LG 3410A has a firewire connection.

Sony has (or had) two HD DVRs that I know of, but neither has a firewire
connection, so no way to archive your content.