sts mbs-sr-70mhz

Old January 10th 18, 12:02 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro

Default sts mbs-sr-70mhz

does any body know about these satellite reciver??
i just wanted to know which lnb to yous i know i cant use the
950-1450 frequencie lnb thats for the sts-sr-block reciver
Old January 29th 18, 08:18 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018 15:02:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

does any body know about these satellite reciver??

Is there anything to watch these days...in analog?

I thought everything was digital these days...no/yes

See:
http://www.lyngsat.com

I've got analog receivers with LNBs...and had planned on trashing them
this year.
Old January 30th 18, 12:56 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Bruce Esquibel[_2_]

JAB wrote:

Is there anything to watch these days...in analog?

In analog? There can't be anything left.

I decommissioned my system about 10 years ago and did a sweep of the arc
before pulling the plug and there was basically jack **** then.

Keep in mind when all this satellite stuff started one c-band satellite only
had 24 channels (12 transponders), each channel was one thing and maybe had
some extra audio carriers but even if all the transponders worked (was
common to have one or two that didn't), at best you had 24 things to watch.

These days with digital, that same satellite can have 100's of channels.

I can't see any reason for anyone for any reason to hog up a whole channel
just for one transmission. Even if there is a thing for "a channel" now.

After the VC2 there was a thing called 4DTV for a while, wasn't there?

I take it that's all dead and buried too, it's either direct or dish and
that's it as far as consumers go?

-bruce

Old January 30th 18, 02:47 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 11:56:01 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Esquibel
wrote:

After the VC2 there was a thing called 4DTV for a while, wasn't there?

Yes, and with HD via HDD-200 unit
http://www.orbitcommunications.com/C...and/HDD200.asp

I take it that's all dead and buried too,

Yes/No...

We regret to inform you the final day for delivery of C-Band services
will be August 24, 2016. [4DTV subscription Dead]
https://web.archive.org/web/20170721...ng-center.net/

Subscription C band pay programming

I have not explored this topic yet, but Premium Broadcast HD Pay TV
Programming can be had, which would include 4K broadcast quality. As
they say, "All Rainier Channels are the Commercial Broadcast Master
Feeds" Uses a Cisco receiver that can tune FTA channels...manually
tuned, and stored.

I suppose around $1k worth of equipment (new cable, receiver, dish
mover unit). They are selling 9' and larger metal dishes, and nothing
smaller, if you don't have a dish. It might not be wise to use a
smaller non-metal dish.

It can come pre-programmed, but when a new listing exists, it will
have to be manually programmed by user.

The company that's doing this has a 5 year contract that expires in
2020. So, it may be gone in 2020, or it may be around
longer...depends upon how many folks/businesses come onboard.

Hence, a commercial grade receiver made by CISCO, but I suspect a 10'
dish would be best.

http://www.rainiersatellite.com