mpg

Old May 26th 15, 03:08 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Doug McIntyre[_2_]

Default mpg

jp writes:
On 5/18/15 1:47 PM, Doug McIntyre wrote:
Somebody already answered you on curl, but I use cTiVo, and used
pyTiVo in the past..

What are the optimal cTivo settings when transferring video?

Hmm, I don't remember any settings for transfering. Mostly all the
different settings is for transcoding the video over to various
formats after the transfer (because the native TiVo MPEG format isn't
supported much by just about anything).

The transcoding settings are many because people do a ton of different
things after the end.

Personally, I have it set to HandBrake AppleTV, as that device is what I
mainly view external videos with on my TV.

You could just leave it at 'Decrypted TiVo Show' to leave it at the
original TiVo MPEG format.

--
Doug McIntyre

Old May 28th 15, 04:26 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
jp

On 5/26/15 9:08 AM, Doug McIntyre wrote:
jp writes:
On 5/18/15 1:47 PM, Doug McIntyre wrote:
Somebody already answered you on curl, but I use cTiVo, and used
pyTiVo in the past..

What are the optimal cTivo settings when transferring video?

Hmm, I don't remember any settings for transfering. Mostly all the
different settings is for transcoding the video over to various
formats after the transfer (because the native TiVo MPEG format isn't
supported much by just about anything).

The transcoding settings are many because people do a ton of different
things after the end.

Personally, I have it set to HandBrake AppleTV, as that device is what I
mainly view external videos with on my TV.

You could just leave it at 'Decrypted TiVo Show' to leave it at the
original TiVo MPEG format.

Ya...that's what I did. Left it as a Decrypted Tivo SHow which seemed
to maintain higher settings.

Thx.