Lifetime

Old March 25th 14, 04:00 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
bilz2765

Default Lifetime

What options do I have with a Premier with lifetime subscription?

Can I sell the Premier, and keep the lifetime for a new Romeo?

---

Old March 25th 14, 05:44 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Seth[_3_]

bilz2765 formulated the question :
What options do I have with a Premier with lifetime subscription?

Can I sell the Premier, and keep the lifetime for a new Romeo?

Normlly no. Lifetime is attached to the unit (and raises its resale
value accordingly). Sometimes they run specials to upgrade and move
Lifetime but that's not often and I haven't seen one in a while.

Old March 28th 14, 05:53 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Doug McIntyre[_2_]

Seth writes:
bilz2765 formulated the question :
What options do I have with a Premier with lifetime subscription?

Can I sell the Premier, and keep the lifetime for a new Romeo?

Normlly no. Lifetime is attached to the unit (and raises its resale
value accordingly). Sometimes they run specials to upgrade and move
Lifetime but that's not often and I haven't seen one in a while.

And when they might actually have a lifetime transfer event, it still
costs money to do so. I don't remember what I paid to transfer the
lifetime off my TiVo 1st gen when they offered, but I seem to remember
$150-$180. So it was some off a new lifetime for a device I'll never
use again. But as above, I haven't seen a lifetime move special in
years either. TiVo typically says lifetime is associated only with
that box.

--
Doug McIntyre

Old March 28th 14, 01:21 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Drew Lawson[_2_]

In article
bilz2765 writes:
What options do I have with a Premier with lifetime subscription?

Can I sell the Premier, and keep the lifetime for a new Romeo?

As has been said, occasionally they have a deal to transfer it for
a price. With time, that price has become less attractive. In the
early years, Lifetime was a bargain. (I have an unused Series 2
with Lifetime.) Since then, it is just a billing convenience, more
like prepaying 2-3 years.

I suppose it is still a good idea for units given as gifts.

--
Drew Lawson I had planned to be dead by now, but
the schedule slipped, they do that.