Where is Everybody in this NG?

Old July 13th 12, 02:01 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Free Man

Default Where is Everybody in this NG?

I am upset when there is no one posting a single news in the TVRO category.
Charlie Ergen is to blame for destruction of the TVRO Industry! He must be
stopped or the time will come when there will be no more BUD's to enjoy, all
due to Charlie Ergen. Come on, let's get on the ball and post new TVRO news
to this NG!

There is no telling what insane Charlie will do next, He will be eventually
become an "ALL TIME LOSER!". If we don't act now, Charlie will continue to
destroy all remains of the TVRO industry. I hope the time will come that the
BUD will once again flourish, but that's uncertain to the economic
hard-times. Now id the time to DO SOMETHING to save the BUD industry from
becoming totally extinct.

Come on folks, come back and PLEASE save the BUD. Thanks.
Old July 13th 12, 01:46 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 00:01:49 GMT, "Free Man"
wrote:

I am upset when there is no one posting
a single news in the TVRO category

• Always “amusing” to watch corporate titans plead for government help
.... hat in hand to the Congress like Reed Hastings of Netflix (don’t
let Comcast charge for someone else using its pipes ‘cause the
internet should be free for us to exploit!) or Charlie Ergen to the
FCC and House (don’t screw me like Falcone and LightSquared! pretty
please! and save me from those “vicious” cable and wireless ops!).

• Retrans and Renewals keep getting more and more contentious ... over
our last weekend, DISH did drop AMC nets; U-verse didn't (yet, they're
talking); West Virginia Media Holdings dropped off DISH in four
markets as power outages hit the state. The FCC keeps turning a blind
eye. Going to get worse.

http://www.mediabiz.com/
Old July 16th 12, 05:33 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Micro Henry

"Free Man" wrote in
:

I am upset when there is no one posting a single news in the TVRO
category.

Hi,

There is nothing to post. Everything has gone digital encrypted.
The ITC feeds are few and far between. Hence the death of this NG.

uH

Old July 16th 12, 06:04 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Bruce Esquibel[_2_]

Micro Henry wrote:

There is nothing to post. Everything has gone digital encrypted.
The ITC feeds are few and far between. Hence the death of this NG.

That's what I thought.

I finally trashed the BUD in 2009, it wasn't worth the effort to repair in
2004 when the arm froze however.

Unless you had some dvb or vc2+ultra wizbang decoder, there wasn't anything
to find or watch. Where it was stuck, F4 or F2 (whatever the hell was the
one on the far western side), there was only like two occasional video
channels, neither was of any interest.

I remember before the arm froze there were nights I scanned from one side to
the other and just got snow except for the few services that hadn't left to
the digital side.

Can't imagine 10 years later from that point anyone would bother.

Is General Instuments even around anymore?

Is there any digital subscription services left for residential?

-bruce

Old July 16th 12, 09:34 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 16:04:02 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Esquibel
wrote:

I finally trashed the BUD in 2009, it wasn't worth the effort to repair in
2004 when the arm froze however.

Ask, and ye might find stuff...I've got a number of arms stashed away.

http://skyvision.com/programming/index.html

Old July 17th 12, 02:33 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
Bruce Esquibel[_2_]

JAB wrote:

Not making equipment, but check out ebay prices:

Yeah but it's "so what" time again.

If those are those 4dtv receivers, you just subscribe, right?

I mean whats the point, dish or direct (i hate both) is a lot easier and
probably cheaper in the long run.

Last time I looked into doing anything with the BUD it seemed pointless. The
dvb stuff at the time was a headache, needed some kind of mpeg2 decoder,
some crap with symbol rates I never understood, 4.4.2 encoding?

That or 4dtv. Whats the point?

Anyway, shameless plug if you want to look at some **** from the old days.

http://boresight.ripco.com

Shows from Shaun Kenny and Boresight, bunch of audio stuff from LRTN,
Spectrum radio programs, Signals.

But really, BUD, it's past the point of poking it with a stick, it died and
even the skeleton is barely visible anymore.

-bruce

Old July 17th 12, 08:16 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:33:18 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Esquibel
wrote:

Last time I looked into doing anything
with the BUD it seemed pointless.

I'm still using it, but I'm older and mainly watch news related
broadcasts.

dvb stuff at the time was a headache,
needed some kind of mpeg2 decoder,

Around $100.00 can get you going, if you have a decent sized dish
setup, 8' or larger. Look around he

Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum

http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/

Internet is my main "prime time amusement" these days.

And if I moved, I would erect another 8' or 10' dish (BUD).

Note- I live away from larger cities, so not all of their OTA
broadcasts do not reach me, unless I would erect a 50' or so tower.
All I can receive is one PBS station and one NBC station (on a
repeater tower). Hence, I can receive more network feeds over
satellite.
Old September 29th 14, 05:50 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.tvro
JAB

wrote:

I am upset when there is no one posting a single news in the TVRO category.
Charlie Ergen is to blame for destruction of the TVRO Industry!

Still Here :-)