Problem with playback on Series 1 with large hard drive. Plays back partially and then jumps to end.

Old July 7th 07, 10:53 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
G.M. Durrence[_2_]

Default Problem with playback on Series 1 with large hard drive. Plays back partially and then jumps to end.

I recently replaced the two 30 Gig hard drives with one 160 Gig hard
drive. I backed it up using mfsbackup from the Jenkins ISO boot CD.
I restored it to the large drive using the MFSLBA48 boot CD and
everything seemed to work when i re-installed the drive in the tivo.
Information showed it had a capacity of 193 hours basic. I then
added the turbonet card and the hacks as described at Steve Jenkins
Web Site. Everything seems to be working OK but about a third ot the
time only a portion of the recording will play back, although the
green progress line shows that it is all there. I can fast forward
the video and the same thing happens. Thinking it might be a hard
drive problem I tried another one and the same thing happened.

If anyone can tell me what might be the cause of this problem I would
appreciate it. Otherwise I will restore the original backup from the
two 30 Gig drives to the hard drive without the large drive option and
see if that cures the problem and proceed one step at a time. If that
fails I can always re-install the two 30 Gig drives and settle for 60
hours of recording time.
G.M. Durrence
(To reply remove -nospam)
Old July 8th 07, 01:11 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Drew Lawson

In article
G.M. Durrence writes:
I recently replaced the two 30 Gig hard drives with one 160 Gig hard
drive. I backed it up using mfsbackup from the Jenkins ISO boot CD.
I restored it to the large drive using the MFSLBA48 boot CD and
everything seemed to work when i re-installed the drive in the tivo.

It was my understanding that the kernel used on Series 1 machines
does not support LBA48 and that you were supposed to use the older
toolset for those machines.

--
Drew Lawson | "But the senator, while insisting he was not
Old July 8th 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Joe Smith

G.M. Durrence wrote:
I recently replaced the two 30 Gig hard drives with one 160 Gig hard
drive. I backed it up using mfsbackup from the Jenkins ISO boot CD.
I restored it to the large drive using the MFSLBA48 boot CD

Did you restore the original software? If you did not replace the TiVo
kernel with the patched one that handles LBA48, you will have mysterious
problems with any disk bigger than 128 GiB.
-Joe