TIVO basic lost on Toshiba RS-TX 20

Old October 23rd 13, 04:38 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Steve Stone[_4_]

Default TIVO basic lost on Toshiba RS-TX 20

I've had a Toshiba RS-TX 20 with TIVO basic working well for many years.
Today I turn on the TIVO and get a message that my trial period is over
and I have to sign up for an account for $$$. They locked out all
recording and schedules.

Anyone else seeing this ?
If so perhaps it is time to let the Network TV consumer reporters in on
the change.

Steve
Old October 23rd 13, 01:17 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Todd[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 9:38:58 PM UTC-5, Steve Stone wrote:
I've had a Toshiba RS-TX 20 with TIVO basic working well for many years.

Today I turn on the TIVO and get a message that my trial period is over

and I have to sign up for an account for $$$. They locked out all

recording and schedules.

Anyone else seeing this ?

If so perhaps it is time to let the Network TV consumer reporters in on

the change.

Steve

Solution is..

Goto Setup..

Then Choose Clear and Delete Everything..

What happened is somebody chose to start a trial.. if you goto setup and start over make sure dont choose start trial.. I know u will say u never did this but it explains whats going on .. call me at 605 284-2900 if u want to..

Todd
Old October 23rd 13, 03:01 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Steve Stone[_4_]

I will try that. thanks.
A few older members of my family have trouble with the remote. They
could have made that selection in error.

Steve

Old October 23rd 13, 10:04 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Steve Stone[_4_]

On 10/23/2013 9:01 AM, Steve Stone wrote:
I will try that. thanks.
A few older members of my family have trouble with the remote. They
could have made that selection in error.

Well.. I tried wiping the drive and starting from scratch and I get the
same message to call and activate my account. My next step will be to
call that phone number. If that doesn't work I may fall back to another
preload drive I have for my TIVO.

Steve

Old October 23rd 13, 10:19 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Steve Stone[_4_]

I called TIVO tech support.

They said my problem is a known problem (loosing access to TIVO basic)
with older Series 2 machines and I should call them back in 5 days (yes,
5 days) and see if they have it fixed, and they would give me "credit"
for time lost not being able to access the service, which made me think
"Huh, I don't pay for TIVO basic".

I guess there are not many old machines being used anymore if it takes 5
days to fix.

Steve

Old October 24th 13, 01:23 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Adam H. Kerman

Steve Stone wrote:

I called TIVO tech support.

They said my problem is a known problem (loosing access to TIVO basic)
with older Series 2 machines and I should call them back in 5 days (yes,
5 days) and see if they have it fixed, and they would give me "credit"
for time lost not being able to access the service, which made me think
"Huh, I don't pay for TIVO basic".

I guess there are not many old machines being used anymore if it takes 5
days to fix.

So, you're in luck that they're still willing to correct the flaw.

I use a similar model. What I've never liked about Series2 is that the viewer
can't use multiple inputs at one time, unless it's satellite in combination
with something else. So I can't use its built-in analog tuner any longer,
even though there are still three broadcast analog low-power channels
around here. No, they're not going to rewrite the software to make it
more flexible.

Otherwise, it's been a great machine. Love the DVD recorder built in.

I've got it in front of a digital channel adapter and I'm using it to
record over-the-air channels when I've got a recording conflict.
Old October 24th 13, 03:30 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Steve Stone[_4_]

A few years ago I cloned the original hard drive to a bigger drive able
to store 200 hours of recordings at best quality. I've been pleased with
the results. It meets my needs.

If I need to record OTA at the same time the TIVO is doing something
else I have a Hauppague OTA tuner with HD recording software on a tower
in my home office.

Steve