grumble... the new TiVo program guide... sucks

Old March 4th 13, 06:50 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
danny burstein

Default grumble... the new TiVo program guide... sucks

Seems to hav just changed design in the past
few days.

When looking for an upcoming program, you used
to be able to type in the name. It would then
list that program's tutle, but also let you
scroll up and down for similar ones.

For example, if you typed in "mur", you'd
be hrought to "murder she wrote". You could
scroll up and get "murder by death"; scroll
down and get "my friend flicka". You could
keep going up and down..

(names made up for this example).

Now you get locked into that one name and then have
to play with menu clicks.

Uggh.

Old March 5th 13, 07:24 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Adam H. Kerman

danny burstein wrote:

Seems to hav just changed design in the past
few days.

When looking for an upcoming program, you used
to be able to type in the name. It would then
list that program's tutle, but also let you
scroll up and down for similar ones.

For example, if you typed in "mur", you'd
be hrought to "murder she wrote". You could
scroll up and get "murder by death"; scroll
down and get "my friend flicka". You could
keep going up and down..

(names made up for this example).

Now you get locked into that one name and then have
to play with menu clicks.

Uggh.

Shudder

I'll check later to see if I got, er, upgraded.
Old March 6th 13, 01:05 AM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
Drew Lawson[_2_]

In article
danny burstein writes:
Seems to hav just changed design in the past
few days.

When looking for an upcoming program, you used
to be able to type in the name. It would then
list that program's tutle, but also let you
scroll up and down for similar ones.

For example, if you typed in "mur", you'd
be hrought to "murder she wrote". You could
scroll up and get "murder by death"; scroll
down and get "my friend flicka". You could
keep going up and down..

(names made up for this example).

Now you get locked into that one name and then have
to play with menu clicks.

Just tried it, and I see what you mean.

It only locks you in when you are down to one matching show. In
my case, "myt" only matches "Mythbusters" (on my cable system).
With "my" I could still page.

As a programmer, I can see why someone might consider that a cool
idea. But having worked with good Human Factors people (who restrain
well meaning programmers), I don't see how it was ever released into
the wild.

Maybe they expect it to appeal to people who *like* what phone-text
autocomplete comes up with.

Uggh.

--
_________________________________________________ ____

Drew Lawson | And to those who lack the courage
Old March 10th 13, 06:03 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo
danny burstein

Default I wuz wrong, sorry, was: grumble... the new TiVo program guide... sucks

In danny burstein writes:

Seems to hav just changed design in the past
few days.

[snippeth]

I goofed. Instead of looking at
the "Search by Title" menu, I