A Home cinema forum. HomeCinemaBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HomeCinemaBanter forum » Home cinema newsgroups » UK digital tv
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Moon landing dvd



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old April 14th 19, 09:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 519
Default Moon landing dvd

On 14/04/2019 09:04, Brian Gaff wrote:
I have my reasons
and really should not disclose them


I watched the moon buggy, and I remember thinking that it was
interesting that you could see it kick up dust - and the dust fell
straight back. It was obviously in a vacuum.

I have never met one of these moon landing fake conspiracy idiots. Has
it never occurred to them that the Russians would have _loved_ to expose it?

Andy
  #32  
Old April 14th 19, 10:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,383
Default Moon landing dvd

On 14/04/2019 19:13, charles wrote:

http://www.vtoldboys.com/arc10.htm


gosh - did I write that?


We are lucky to have you in the group Charles.

Bill
  #33  
Old April 15th 19, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,491
Default Moon landing dvd

On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 21:35:38 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

I have my reasons
and really should not disclose them


I watched the moon buggy, and I remember thinking that it was
interesting that you could see it kick up dust - and the dust fell
straight back. It was obviously in a vacuum.

I have never met one of these moon landing fake conspiracy idiots. Has
it never occurred to them that the Russians would have _loved_ to expose it?


I wonder also if it has ever occurred to them how many people would
have had to have been in on the seceret (if there had really been
one), and prevented from ever revealing it?

We all know how difficult it can be for just one person to keep a
secret, so imagine how long it would be likely to remain a secret if
it was shared by thousands.

Rod.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

  #34  
Old April 15th 19, 09:36 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JNugent[_7_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Moon landing dvd

On 13/04/2019 13:01, NY wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
...
Hi a few years ago I heard that a tape had been found in Australia at
the tracking station containing pristine data from the first moon
landing including the frame sequential data of the famous shadowy
pictures of Neil stepping off the Lem now as I recall him saying.
When I had eyesight all we had* was that horrible smeary image which
according to the experts were derived from a camera looking at a crt.
I wondered if anyone had seen the so called cleaned up version and
whether it was appreciably better.


When did standards-converters become available for going between 525/30
and 625/25? I suppose since the pictures coming from the moon were not
even NTSC format, specialised equipment would have been needed to
convert both to NTSC and PAL for the two worldwide broadcasts, so maybe
cameras looking at screens was the easiest low-tech solution.

Did they astronauts ever record any film of the landing, to bring back
for showing afterwards? If so, it's surprising that all we ever see is
the as-live pictures sent back to Earth.


Wasn't all the video signal from the first moon landing in monochrome
(and therefore neither PAL nor NTSC)?

  #35  
Old April 15th 19, 11:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
bilou[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 29
Default Moon landing dvd

charles avait prétendu :
In article , NY
wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
...
Hi a few years ago I heard that a tape had been found in Australia at
the tracking station containing pristine data from the first moon
landing including the frame sequential data of the famous shadowy
pictures of Neil stepping off the Lem now as I recall him saying. When
I had eyesight all we had was that horrible smeary image which
according to the experts were derived from a camera looking at a crt. I
wondered if anyone had seen the so called cleaned up version and
whether it was appreciably better.


When did standards-converters become available for going between 525/30
and 625/25?


Optical - pre-1962 (when I started work at TVC). Electronic - just in time
for the Mexico Olympics (1968)

I suppose since the pictures coming from the moon were not
even NTSC format, specialised equipment would have been needed to
convert both to NTSC and PAL for the two worldwide broadcasts, so maybe
cameras looking at screens was the easiest low-tech solution.


Did they astronauts ever record any film of the landing, to bring back
for showing afterwards? If so, it's surprising that all we ever see is
the as-live pictures sent back to Earth.


Was this kind of tube used in real television ?
http://lampes-et-tubes.info/sc/sc015.php?l=e
https://tubedata.jp/sheets/132/t/TMA408.pdf
In France it was widely used for radar to TV picture conversion
Allowing the picture to be watched in full daylight as in a control tower.
For the moonlanding I really liked the movie "The Dish"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0205873/
  #36  
Old April 15th 19, 12:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,430
Default Moon landing dvd

On 15/04/2019 08:52, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 21:35:38 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

I have my reasons
and really should not disclose them


I watched the moon buggy, and I remember thinking that it was
interesting that you could see it kick up dust - and the dust fell
straight back. It was obviously in a vacuum.

I have never met one of these moon landing fake conspiracy idiots. Has
it never occurred to them that the Russians would have _loved_ to expose it?


I wonder also if it has ever occurred to them how many people would
have had to have been in on the seceret (if there had really been
one), and prevented from ever revealing it?

We all know how difficult it can be for just one person to keep a
secret, so imagine how long it would be likely to remain a secret if
it was shared by thousands.


And all the later Moon missions would have been pointless as the
original plan was just to do it once.

--
Max Demian
  #37  
Old April 15th 19, 04:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,491
Default Moon landing dvd

On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:36:41 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

Wasn't all the video signal from the first moon landing in monochrome
(and therefore neither PAL nor NTSC)?


Yes. The TV camera on Apollo 11 was monochrome. They took a colour
camera (spinning filter type) on Apollo 12 but carelessly pointed it
at the sun within the first few minutes, which roasted half the target
of the vidicon tube and rendered it useless. All subsequent missions
used colour cameras.

Today it seems crazy that they didn't think of using colour for all of
them, but maybe they underestimated the importance of showing what
they were doing to the public.

Rod.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

  #39  
Old April 15th 19, 10:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,430
Default Moon landing dvd

On 15/04/2019 16:57, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 09:36:41 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

Wasn't all the video signal from the first moon landing in monochrome
(and therefore neither PAL nor NTSC)?


Yes. The TV camera on Apollo 11 was monochrome. They took a colour
camera (spinning filter type) on Apollo 12 but carelessly pointed it
at the sun within the first few minutes, which roasted half the target
of the vidicon tube and rendered it useless. All subsequent missions
used colour cameras.

Today it seems crazy that they didn't think of using colour for all of
them, but maybe they underestimated the importance of showing what
they were doing to the public.


On the contrary I think making the whole thing into entertainment with
live TV just meant that the public got bored with seeing the same thing
every time with minor variations like the moon buggies and jumping very
high in the low gravity and playing golf.

--
Max Demian
  #40  
Old April 16th 19, 12:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,104
Default Moon landing dvd


Mind you this was a very long time ago now. I do remember a very large
multi bayed one in the designs department whilst there, that was
different from the few on the shop floor, but as said 50 odd years;!

The BBC bought the first bi-directional one from Pye TVT who had the
licence to make it. It needed a lot of work to get it functioning
properly - the work being fed back to Pye. I was one of the shift
supervisors at TVC standards converters around that time.


Yes indeed!...



http://www.vtoldboys.com/arc10.htm


gosah - did I write that?


Musta dun



Good pic here of one at I assume the Pye factory in a few other pages
they are detailing a standards converter called the hedgehog just a few
chips;!.


Https://www.radios-tv.co.uk/standard...to-the-aurora/


http://electronics.frankcuffe.ovh/hedghog


Seems theres a lot of interest in old 405 line sets!
--
Tony Sayer


Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a keyboard, and he will reveal himself.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slightly OT - unhappy landing Phi UK digital tv 6 July 3rd 18 12:53 PM
sound of landing on a comet? Brian Gaff[_2_] UK digital tv 0 November 21st 14 12:16 PM
Solar-powered moon rover could shoot lunar HD of Apollo landing sitein 2011 UCLAN[_2_] High definition TV 0 July 20th 09 08:29 PM
From the Earth to the Moon--HD vs DVD Larry Bud High definition TV 6 October 14th 04 05:20 PM
About "The Dark Side of the Moon" SACD ^Danilo^ Home theater (general) 3 July 21st 03 03:19 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 HomeCinemaBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.