Recording Digital Channels with Sony 32DX40?

Old September 13th 03, 08:51 PM
Agamemnon

Default Recording Digital Channels with Sony 32DX40?

"Brownie" wrote in message
Sorry for being a thicko here - I'm usually not a technophobe but I am a
little confuses here and Google didn't reolve this for me.

I have a Sony KD32DX40 IDTV and a matching Sony SLV830 VCR so they should
talk to each other. I haven't yet been able to get the VCR to record a
digital channel from the IDTV's tuner. How should it be set up to do this
i.e. Scarts and how do I programme in the recording? If I use the EPG, I
am still only getting now and next, so don't seem to be able to set it to
record say BBC3 even more than an hour or so ahead. Is the situation

still
that the TV has to be left switched on the appropriate channel to get
anytthing form the tuner?

According to the Addendum in the manual for my Sony VTX-D800U the Sony
SLV-SE830, SLV-SE730 and SLV-SE230 DO NOT support synchro record.

You will have to set your videos timer manually with the record start and
end time and select the Line input as source.

Thanks for any help.

PS. Anyone able to tell me where I can see any Sony EPG software updates

No Idea.

What I would like to see is a software update to include VidoePlus and PDC
(Program Delivery Control) since if I set the TV to record from the EPG, the
STB only switches the video on and off according to the pre programmed start
and end time and not when the programme actually starts and ends so either
the start of the end of the programme is lost or both.

that are being transmitted. My TV is set to 'auto' download but I've

never
seen any changes in the 6 months I have had the TV.