BBC Parliament

Old September 11th 03, 07:06 PM
Agamemnon

Default BBC Parliament

How can I get BBC Parliament to display full screen and not in a window
surround a by test ?

I tried pressing the text button by the just goes to back to the same
display and the "0" button doesn't work either, nor are there any hints on
the screen of what to press.

I know its transmitted in 1/4 screen but that should be able to be
interpolate to full screen like on BBC interactive shouldn't it.

Old September 11th 03, 08:35 PM
QrizB

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:06:58 +0100, "Agamemnon"
wrote:

How can I get BBC Parliament to display full screen and not in a window
surround a by test ?

Sorry, mate, everyone's killfiled you.

Old September 12th 03, 03:30 AM
Stephen

"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
"Agamemnon" wrote:

How can I get BBC Parliament to display full screen and not in a window
surround a by test ?

Use a satellite receiver.

Some of us don't have the privilege of being able to use a satellite
receiver because we live in flats, and Freeview is the only sight of digital
TV we will ever see. The designers of the Freeview boxes seem to have
thoughtfully excluded the kind of zoom option you want, but I can watch
Parliament zoomed to full screen on my PC. I use a Matrox VGA card which
includes "Matrox Desk Navigator". It lets you to zoom in to any part of the
PC screen by a factor of 2 or 4, regardless of what is on the screen, or
where it came from, and even works with "direct draw" as typically used by
TV capture cards.

Old September 12th 03, 11:35 AM
Mike GW8IJT

"Agamemnon" wrote in message
How can I get BBC Parliament to display full screen and not in a window
surround a by test ?

I tried pressing the text button by the just goes to back to the same
display and the "0" button doesn't work either, nor are there any hints on
the screen of what to press.

I know its transmitted in 1/4 screen but that should be able to be
interpolate to full screen like on BBC interactive shouldn't it.

Select channel 508 on Sky.
Freeview channel 45 is only 1/4 screen.
Mike.

---

Old September 12th 03, 05:10 PM
Tony Walton

Agamemnon wrote:
How can I get BBC Parliament to display full screen and not in a window
surround a by test ?

You *could* get a cardboard box and cut it to size to just show the
picture, I suppose, then stick it to your TV screen to hide the text.

I tried pressing the text button by the just goes to back to the same
display and the "0" button doesn't work either, nor are there any hints on
the screen of what to press.

I know its transmitted in 1/4 screen

Well there's your answer, then.

but that should be able to be
interpolate to full screen like on BBC interactive shouldn't it.

No. The channel you're seeing when you select BBCi is a full-screen
transmission, which shrinks down to 1/4 screen when you select BBCi and,
er, shows full screen when you're not watching BBCi. As you say
yourself, BBC Parliament is broadcast as 1/4 screen in the first place.

--
Tony

Old September 13th 03, 06:03 PM
Stuart Meech

Stephen wrote:
"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message

Some of us don't have the privilege of being able to use a satellite
receiver because we live in flats, and Freeview is the only sight of digital
TV we will ever see. The designers of the Freeview boxes seem to have
thoughtfully excluded the kind of zoom option you want

This will all change on implmention of MHEG 1.06 - basically you'll be
able to zoom in on parts of the screen - so in BBC Parliament or BBC
News Active when it comes.

Stu

Old September 13th 03, 08:54 PM
Agamemnon

"Stuart Meech" wrote in message
Stephen wrote:
"Simon Gardner" [dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message

Some of us don't have the privilege of being able to use a satellite
receiver because we live in flats, and Freeview is the only sight of

digital
TV we will ever see. The designers of the Freeview boxes seem to have
thoughtfully excluded the kind of zoom option you want

This will all change on implmention of MHEG 1.06 - basically you'll be
able to zoom in on parts of the screen - so in BBC Parliament or BBC
News Active when it comes.

Are the STB manufactures obliged to include this in their software updates ?

Also will they implement something like Program Delivery Control (PDC) and
VideoPlus so I can record programmes when the actually begin and end.

Stu

Old September 14th 03, 03:34 AM
Stuart Meech

Agamemnon wrote:

TV we will ever see. The designers of the Freeview boxes seem to have
thoughtfully excluded the kind of zoom option you want

This will all change on implmention of MHEG 1.06 - basically you'll be
able to zoom in on parts of the screen - so in BBC Parliament or BBC
News Active when it comes.

Are the STB manufactures obliged to include this in their software updates ?

Pass to older boxes (not ONdigital ones), however some manufacturers are
rumoured to say they will release new updates for the boxes.

I expect it'll be compulsory on new boxes.

Also will they implement something like Program Delivery Control (PDC) and
VideoPlus so I can record programmes when the actually begin and end.

Videoplus works fine for me.

PDC never did work on analogue properly anyway!

Stu