Nokia Mediamaster 260 T PVR

Old September 9th 03, 01:39 PM
paul dixon

Default Nokia Mediamaster 260 T PVR

Anyone know of pricing/availability for the Nokia Mediamaster 260 T PVR?

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,41468,00.html

Technical Specifications

Personal Digital Recorder

* Hard disk drive: 80 GB

Channel decoder

* COFDM modes: 2 k and 8 k
* COFDM bandwidths: 7 and 8 MHz
* Supports SFN
* Input Connector: IEC female
* RF loop-through and RF modulator
* Output connector: IEC male
* RF modulator output: E21-E69, PAL G/I and SECAM

Video Decoder

* MPEG-2 Main Profile @ Main Level
* Data speed: up to 15 Mbit/s
* Video formats: 4:3 & 16:9 letterbox
Pan & Scan and Letterbox

System resources

* Processor: 32-bit / 166 MHz
* Flash memory: 4 MB
* SDRAM: 16 MB
* Display: 7220x576
* Colors: 256

Audio decoder

* MPEG-2 I and II (Musicam Audio)
* Mono, Dual channel, Stereo, Joint Stereo

Hi-fi Audio Output Conncector

* Connectors: 2xRCA/Cinch

Digital Audio Output Connector (S/PDIF)

* Connectors: 1xRCA/Cinch

Serial Data Port

* Connectors: 9-pin D-sub
* Signal: RS232, max 115,2 kB

Remote Control

* Operating range: up to 7 meters
* Batteries: 2x1.5 V (type AAA)

Wireless Interface

* Bluetooth version 1.1
* Profile object push (OBEX)
* Data speed: max. 460,8 kbit/s

Image Album

* Image format: JPEG
* Resolution: max 640 x 480 (VGA)
* Image size: max 256 kB
* Storage capacity: over 3000 images

Conditional Access

* 1 x Common Interface slot
* DVB-compatible CAM's supported
* 1 x Smart card reader with embedded Conax™

Summary of connectors

* 1 x IEC female (signal output)
* 1 x IEX male (RF output)
* 1 x indoor antenna power supply
* 1 x Common Interface
* 2 x SCART (TV, AUX)
* 2 x Audio L/R (RCA/Cinch type)
* 1 x S/PDIF (RCA/Cinch type)
* 1 x RS232 (9-pin)
* 1 x Mains connector
* 1 x Smart card reader

General data

* Colour: Titanium grey
* Storage temperatu -40 to +65 oC
* Operating temperatu +5 to +40oC
* Supply voltage: 110-240 V AC, 47-63 Hz
* Power consumption: max 25 W (standby 5 W)
* Weight: approx. 1900 g
* Dimensions (WxDxH): 251x275x80 mm
Old September 9th 03, 06:34 PM
Clem Dye

Impressive though it may be, a couple of observations based on the pdf
brochu

1) It's a European model, not specifically tailored for the UK. That in
itself may be a show-stopper, especially as the UK is not listed as a
country where the box will be sold.

2) There's no mention of a Pace-PVR type set-up that I could see - watch
one channel whilst recording another.

Personally, I'll wait for a UK-specific model. AIR, one of those video
magazines that I read recently said that Nokia were/are due to release a
DTT PVR in the first quarter of 2004. That may of course change now that
the 260T has been released.

Clem

paul dixon wrote:
[...]

* 1 x Smart card reader with embedded Conax^(TM)

Old September 13th 03, 09:35 PM
BillR

paul dixon wrote:
Anyone know of pricing/availability for the Nokia Mediamaster 260 T
PVR?

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,41468,00.html

Avoid. Nokia make good mobile phones but not much else worth buying.