Philips DTR 1500 - Puzzling sound glitch

Old September 4th 03, 12:12 PM
Bluestars

Default Philips DTR 1500 - Puzzling sound glitch

I bought a Philips DTR 1500 Freeview receiver in Tesco for 99 pounds about
three weeks ago. I chose it especially because it has the option of
S-Video on the VCR scart for my SVHS recorder.

I'm very pleased with it, working first class in every aspect.
It's nearly as good as my Pace 735 ;-)

A glitch occurs changing channel using the - button, that is, in
descending order. At BBC 4 (channel 10) the sound is always absent.

This does not happen on any other channel, with the possible exception of
BBC1 (Channel 1) where I think has happended, but not repeatedly.
The loss of sound does not happen when using the + button to increment
channel selection.

Signal strength from Rowridge is good, about 60% on the scale.
I am not using the audio connectors for sound.

This slightly irritating glitch manifested itself about a week after
installation -well maybe it was always there, but I don't think so because
a loss of sound is pretty noticable.

Apart from this glitch which I'm hoping will be resolved by a future
broadcast software download I get a first class picture and I think the box
represents excellent value for money as a Freeview receiver.

Roger

Old September 10th 03, 04:25 PM
Bluestars

A further quirk has been noted.

After arriving at BBC 4 and finding no sound, as previously described, BBC
1 is selected by pressing 1 on the control, then this too will be without
sound. Its as though the 'no sound' fault is carried over. However if a
channel other than 01 is selected by the channel number button then sound
is present.

Its a bit odd.

As no one has responded to my original post I conclude I'm the only one
here experiencing the fault -so far.

Roger

Old September 13th 03, 08:03 PM
Moonshine

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:25:12 +0000 (UTC), "Bluestars"
wrote:

A further quirk has been noted.

After arriving at BBC 4 and finding no sound, as previously described, BBC
1 is selected by pressing 1 on the control, then this too will be without
sound. Its as though the 'no sound' fault is carried over. However if a
channel other than 01 is selected by the channel number button then sound
is present.

Its a bit odd.

As no one has responded to my original post I conclude I'm the only one
here experiencing the fault -so far.

Roger

No, if you pop over to the satspy fourums you will find post about the no sound
glitch. YOu will get the same going from cBBC to BBC1 or somthing like that.