twin tuner freeview box

Old September 6th 03, 05:08 PM
Martin Cooper

Default twin tuner freeview box

Hi,
has anyone come accross a twin tuner freeview box other than the pace
twin ? I need to get one that has 2 tuners, but no hard disk recording and
a price below about 150.

Thanks
--

Martin
Old September 6th 03, 05:10 PM
smb

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 16:08:44 +0100, Martin Cooper wrote:

Hi,
has anyone come accross a twin tuner freeview box other than the pace
twin ? I need to get one that has 2 tuners, but no hard disk recording and
a price below about 150.

Thanks

You could by two freeview boxes for less than £150, just about.
Old September 6th 03, 06:07 PM
Dave Gibson

wrote:

Hi,
has anyone come accross a twin tuner freeview box other than the

pace
twin ? I need to get one that has 2 tuners, but no hard disk recording

and
a price below about 150.

Thanks

You could by two freeview boxes for less than £150, just about.

Yep, buy two Pace boxes from Argos for £69.99 ea. and stick them both in a
£10 box.

Old September 7th 03, 07:15 PM
CJY

Have you tried checking lists of available equipment e.g. at
http://www.idtv.co.uk/DTT_list_insert.html

Chris

. ..

Old September 7th 03, 11:39 PM
Martin Cooper

Thanks for the response, but I particularly wanted a single unit. The box
is for my parents, who are quite elderly. It took them two years to learn
to use a VCR, so I think a two box setup would just confuse the hell out of
them.

Thanks anyway.

--

Martin
Old September 7th 03, 11:41 PM
Martin Cooper

"CJY" wrote:

Have you tried checking lists of available equipment e.g. at
http://www.idtv.co.uk/DTT_list_insert.html

Chris

Hi Chris,
thanks for the link. I did search google, but I didn't come accross
that site. Apparently, the thomson DTI-2000 should do the job, and it's due
out later this month. Think I'll just wait for that to become available (and
be reviewed somewhere).

Thanks again.

--

Martin
Old September 8th 03, 12:13 AM
Martin Imber

WHy do you need two in a box?

If you want to record get the Pace Twin - just get one ok it is a superb
piece of kit, I recorded Jamiroquai last night and watched it tonight (after
LOTR TT) via my HC - sounds great with the digital interconnect and as good
as live recording

If you want to watch get 1 per TV

If you want a new TV get one built in and a seperate box

Old September 8th 03, 10:25 AM
Stan Medcraft

In message , Martin Imber
writes
WHy do you need two in a box?

If you want to record get the Pace Twin - just get one ok it is a superb
piece of kit, I recorded Jamiroquai last night and watched it tonight (after
LOTR TT) via my HC - sounds great with the digital interconnect and as good
as live recording

This is the first really positive posting concerning the Pace Twin that
I can recall in several months of browsing in this group. I'll buy one
when I'm more convinced that it will perform up to it's published
specifications. My impression so far is that the product is still in
beta mode with too many bugs that users have reported here.

--
Stan Medcraft (Reply to address is valid.)
Old September 9th 03, 12:39 AM
Simon Slavin

Martin Cooper wrote:

I have had it crash occasionally, requiring a
power off reset, but not since the last software update.

I had it crash twice tonight ! But that's the first time in
a few weeks.

Old September 10th 03, 11:13 PM
Martin Imber

don't, I already have a pace twin. However, my parents are retired

My dad wants a DVD recorder and he is retired

Here we go - buy them a Twin and say it cost £150!