Help with Sony SAT-T60 remote...

Old December 14th 03, 05:35 AM

Default Help with Sony SAT-T60 remote...

Put a fresh set of batteries in...now it doesn't work.

When I first put the batteries in, the LED will flash once, and
then...nothing.

Is there some magic "reset" key sequence or something, or am I going to have
to drop $40 on a new remote?

Thanks....

Old December 14th 03, 01:29 PM
SINNER

* -- Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo, on 2003-12-13:
Put a fresh set of batteries in...now it doesn't work.

When I first put the batteries in, the LED will flash once, and
then...nothing.

Is there some magic "reset" key sequence or something, or am I going to have
to drop $40 on a new remote?

May sound dumb but are you sure the new battaries are good? Are you sure
they are in correctly?
--
David | AGM Favorite Games - http://tinyurl.com/loec
Silence is the only virtue you have left.
Old December 14th 03, 06:19 PM
Dr. Personality

In article , -- wrote:

Put a fresh set of batteries in...now it doesn't work.

When I first put the batteries in, the LED will flash once, and
then...nothing.

Is there some magic "reset" key sequence or something, or am I going to have
to drop $40 on a new remote?

Thanks....

You'll probably want to confirm that the remote is sending a signal.
You can make the flashes visible with a little card from Radio Shack
that can reflect infrared signals as visible light. Costs about $6 and
the part number is 276-1099. Over the years, it's saved me enormous
time and trouble.
Old December 15th 03, 04:46 PM
Dave G

I change batteries all the time in my SAT-T60s 3 remotes because I use
re-chargables and no other action is required.
Check that the batteries are oriented correctly and the switch on the right
side of the unit is set to SAT.
--
Dave G

Old December 16th 03, 06:27 PM
Rod Smith

-- wrote:

Put a fresh set of batteries in...now it doesn't work.

When I first put the batteries in, the LED will flash once, and
then...nothing.

Is there some magic "reset" key sequence or something, or am I going to
have to drop $40 on a new remote?

First, the SAT-T60's remote is a UEI remote (most commonly sold as
universal remotes under the Radio Shack and One for All brands). It's
conceivable you'll find some helpful information at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/ (a site dedicated to UEI remotes), but I
haven't checked it out in depth. I know that UEI remotes in general do
have a "complete reset" sequence, which is activated by pressing
SETUP-9-8-1, but I don't know what the SETUP key would be on the
SAT-T60's remote; it might not even be possible to enter this sequence on
this remote. I did try pulling the batteries out of my remote, and the
LED doesn't blink when I reinsert them. (Perhaps they would if I left
them out for long enough, though.)

Second, if you end up needing to replace the remote, you might consider a
third-party replacement. The One for All URC-6131 and the Philips PMDVR8
are two models that include TiVo buttons (Thumbs, etc.) and that should
work well for far less than $40. If you get a URC-6131, it won't handle
quite all the functions for the Sony SAT-T60 correctly out of the box,
but using the UEI advanced codes feature, you can fix it pretty easily.
Check
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...postid=1186680 for
information (scroll about halfway down to a post by srs5694 [that's me]
which summarizes the procedure). I don't know offhand if the PMDVR8 needs
any tweaking to work properly with the SAT-T60.

--
Rod Smith,
http://www.rodsbooks.com
Old December 20th 03, 10:28 PM
Robert Funk

I have had this problem with two different SAT-T60 remontes. Believe it or
not, the remote red LED will flash, but there is no IR sent. Once I make
sure both batteries are making very good contact, the problem goes away.

Turns out that the battery Positive connectors in the remote is too low
below the plastic and does not make good contact with the battery. I pull
the center of the contact wire coil out a small amount gently with a pair of
needle nose pliers.