Is SKY Q available on broadband yet.

Old June 11th 19, 06:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

Default Is SKY Q available on broadband yet.

On 07/06/2019 08:32, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
Sky claims it will provide the full service for those who cannot
or will not have a dish installed.

I doubt it will record six HD programmes at once. And that is not unusual for
a family that wants to watch different things on different Sky Mini boxes or
mobile devices.

But I guess you can not watch six at once so can download them from the
catch-up queue, assuming they are available as catch-up and not corrupted or
truncated.

Many people already do exactly this, only choose what to watch after the
programme as aired, like my partner.

Angus

It will if you turn of the mini screen in the tv guide.
Old June 22nd 19, 12:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:53:49 +0100, critcher wrote:

On 06/06/2019 21:40, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 06/06/2019 in message critcher wrote:

believe me sky Q is way ahead of sky hd, record 5 progs at once, 4k
pictures and up-scaling.

Have you ever been able to find five progs worth recording, let alone
at once?

yes, but I'm easily pleased.

t looks like you represent Sky's target demographic then. ;-)

--
Johnny B Good
Old June 24th 19, 08:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]

On 22/06/2019 12:41, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 18:53:49 +0100, critcher wrote:

On 06/06/2019 21:40, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 06/06/2019 in message critcher wrote:

believe me sky Q is way ahead of sky hd, record 5 progs at once, 4k
pictures and up-scaling.

Have you ever been able to find five progs worth recording, let alone
at once?

yes, but I'm easily pleased.

t looks like you represent Sky's target demographic then. ;-)

yes, it's also sometimes called "wife".
Old June 25th 19, 09:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

wrote:

believe me sky Q is way ahead of sky hd, record 5 progs at once, 4k
pictures and up-scaling.

Have you ever been able to find five progs worth recording, let alone
at once?

yes, but I'm easily pleased.

t looks like you represent Sky's target demographic then. ;-)

yes, it's also sometimes called "wife".

Ah, I see! Exactly the same demographic that ITV target then. :-)

In recent years, I've had to condition myself to suppress the urge to
verbalise my thoughts and opinions of the "Bait Programming" and the
spurious claims made during the advertising breaks whilst in the presence
of SWMBI when she's watching ITV's or Channel 5's outpourings (other
commercial broadcasters are also available).

Unfortunately, she knows me so well that even my mere presence in the
same room as her when she's 'engrossed' with some ITV rubbish programme
upsets her just by my conspicuous lack of such 'commentary'.

It's as if she can read my mind. Apparently, just the thought of what I
think of the whole commercial broadcasting nonsense is, is enough to make
her feel uncomfortable enough to request I absent myself to leave her to
enjoy her 'guilty pleasure' in peace.

This suits me well enough but my sacrificing what little pleasure I gain
from expressing my thoughts and (very low) opinion of such dire
programming going unappreciated still irks me a little. :-( Still,
looking on the 'bright side', that leaves me with more 'Me Time' so we
both win in the end. :-)

--
Johnny B Good
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 25/06/2019 21:53, Johnny B Good wrote:

In recent years, I've had to condition myself to suppress the urge to
verbalise my thoughts and opinions of the "Bait Programming" and the
spurious claims made during the advertising breaks whilst in the presence
of SWMBI when she's watching ITV's or Channel 5's outpourings (other
commercial broadcasters are also available).

Unfortunately, she knows me so well that even my mere presence in the
same room as her when she's 'engrossed' with some ITV rubbish programme
upsets her just by my conspicuous lack of such 'commentary'.

Yes! All I did was wonder into the kitchen to get another pint. She was
watching Emmerdale on her little telly. I uttered not a word, but was
ordered to "Shut up!"