Anyway to see how much recording time open on DirecTivo?

Old August 30th 03, 04:51 PM

Default Anyway to see how much recording time open on DirecTivo?

Old September 1st 03, 01:16 AM
Joe Smith

Anyway to see how much recording time open on DirecTivo?

Are you aware that what you're asking for cannot be answered by a
single number?

1) How much unused space is there right at this instant.
2) How much space, taking into account all the programs that
are scheduled, assuming recordings hang around for 2 days.
3) How much space, taking into account all the programs that
are scheduled, assuming that recordings are watched and
deleted within 24 hours.
4) If I watch and delete several hours of shows now, how much
space will be available when I get back from vacation.

Etc, etc.

I would much rather have a digit show up instead of a "!" in the yellow
dots. I want to see a number from 9 to 0 which is the predicted number of
days before the recording will be overwritten. It should be based on
viewing habits for the last 14 days and the next 9 days of the To Do list.

No color = At least 24 hours left (same as current software).
Solid Yellow = Less than 24 hours of guarenteed time left (same as current).
Yellow with "!" is meaningless for 80+ hour units, replace that with one of:
Yellow with "9" = predict 9 days before space will need to be recycled.
Yellow with "1" = predict 1 day (24 to 47.9 hours) before it will be gone.
Yellow with "0" = predicted overwrite in less than 24 hours.
Black with digit 0 to 9 = Predicted life expectancy for Suggestions.

With this change, I could look at the Now Playing list before going on
vacation, and have a good idea as to what will still be there when I get
back. Of course, this is assuming that now new auto-record wishlist
programs appear between now and then.
-Joe