Back to Back recording problem

Old November 19th 05, 03:49 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo

Default Back to Back recording problem

I have a series 2 Tivo and when I record back to back programs on the same
channel the first recorded program ends a few minutes early and asks if I
want to delete. When I go to the 2nd recorded program it starts up with the
balance of where the first program stopped and also ends up short of the
end.

What is causing this problem and how can it be fixed?

Old November 19th 05, 05:01 PM posted to alt.video.ptv.tivo

On 2005-11-19, Norm wrote:
I have a series 2 Tivo and when I record back to back programs on the same
channel the first recorded program ends a few minutes early and asks if I
want to delete. When I go to the 2nd recorded program it starts up with the
balance of where the first program stopped and also ends up short of the
end.

How do you define "ends a few minutes early"? Are you recording a 8-9PM
show and the recording goes from 8-8:58? Or are you saying you are
recording from 8-9PM and the show runs until 9:02PM? The first would be a
serious bug that I have never heard anyone of having. The second sounds
like a network problem (as in, blame your NBC affiliate).

Is this all shows on all networks? All shows on one network? some shows
on some networks?

What is causing this problem and how can it be fixed?

If it's consistently happening, just start your recordings early or end
late, depending on what is needed.

--
This is my .sig