So what great gems will we have on tv this Christmas?

Old December 22nd 18, 10:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Gaines

Default So what great gems will we have on tv this Christmas?

On 22/12/2018 in message
Roderick Stewart wrote:

I wonder how well informed the leaders of tomorrow are going to be,

I don't know about the future, America is run by an A-Hole of the highest
order.

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it
Old December 22nd 18, 11:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

Bill Wright wrote:

I only watch recorded programmes. I whizz the first two minutes of
******** until I get to the title page, which is the real start of the
programme. Then I whizz the adverts and the recap phase. It takes us 40
to 45 minutes to watch a one hour programme.

+1

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old December 22nd 18, 11:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_7_]

In message , Jeff Gaines
writes
On 22/12/2018 in message
Roderick Stewart wrote:

I wonder how well informed the leaders of tomorrow are going to be,

I don't know about the future, America is run by an A-Hole of the
highest order.

I always thought that the USA elected a president. It's only recently
dawned upon me that they actually elect a dictator.
--
Ian
Old December 22nd 18, 11:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Norman Wells[_7_]

On 22/12/2018 10:00, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

I only watch recorded programmes. I whizz the first two minutes of
******** until I get to the title page, which is the real start of the
programme. Then I whizz the adverts and the recap phase. It takes us 40
to 45 minutes to watch a one hour programme.

+1

Chris

Nah, you can't do that on +1.
Old December 22nd 18, 12:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 20/12/2018 16:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
I take it that this lady is known on tv already then?

My Doctors first name is Zoë.
Brian

She's the one that used to be on Coast with
Neil Oliver

Is Brian talking about Dr Zoe Williams (GP) who's on "Trust Me"?

tim

Old December 22nd 18, 12:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim...[_2_]

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:

I only watch recorded programmes. I whizz the first two minutes of
******** until I get to the title page, which is the real start of the
programme. Then I whizz the adverts and the recap phase. It takes us 40
to 45 minutes to watch a one hour programme.

+1

you can get (drama) programs without recaps down to 45 mins

you ought to be able to get those with recaps down to 35

tim

Old December 22nd 18, 01:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Oh and you know this how, exactly?

I was just thinking of possible festive program ideas for the future.
Celebrity ballet, the Nutcracker of course. I'll leave you to think who
should be in that one

Disastrous pantomimes. Must be loads of bits of mobile phone footage of
disasters out there.

Find a Christ
A show designed to find a new son of God by knock out rounds

Santa Clause Motocross. Its all in the pictures!

Shades of its a knockout, how about Celebrity Escape the Cake. where famous
people are tied up and put inside a giant Christmas cake which slides along
a conveyor toward aa giant oven, if they get free they go on to the next
round.

No I've not been on anything alcoholic.

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 12:46:40 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Friday, 21 December 2018 16:34:50 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Don't you find it all a little unkind the way some people get the good
looks
and the brains while others seem to get few of either though?

And the people without good looks and brains still seem to get more sex
than I do.

LOL
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old December 22nd 18, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 22/12/2018 11:20, tim... wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
news

On 20/12/2018 16:41, Brian Gaff wrote:

I take it that this lady is known on tv already then?

My Doctors first name is Zoë.
Brian

AFAIAA without checking the entire thread, this is the first mention of
anyone called Zoe, I'm not sure why Brian introduced her at all.
Previously we had been speaking about Professor Alice Roberts because
she is giving this year's Christmas Lectures.

She's the one that used to be on Coast with

ICBW, but I don't remember a Zoe in Coast - the earlier series were
introduced by Neil Oliver, the guy from Map Man, and historian Robin
something or other from Time Team; later series did introduce some new
faces, perhaps you are thinking of that other non-blonde (that is
bleached blonde) Tessa Dunlop, a historian?

Is Brian talking about Dr Zoe Williams (GP) who's on "Trust Me"?

Unless she's also his GP, I don't think so.
Old December 22nd 18, 09:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Oh clapping screaming imbeciles exist, even in the 80s I've been in bbc
audiences with them.
I think I must have slipped through without them noticing!

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 12:38:04 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

wrote:

Oh and you know this how, exactly?

I was just thinking of possible festive program ideas for the future.
Celebrity ballet, the Nutcracker of course. I'll leave you to think who
should be in that one

Disastrous pantomimes. Must be loads of bits of mobile phone footage of
disasters out there.

Mrs May and Mr Corbyn the well known double act.

Find a Christ
A show designed to find a new son of God by knock out rounds

Be prepared to be struck down.

Santa Clause Motocross. Its all in the pictures!

Shades of its a knockout, how about Celebrity Escape the Cake. where
famous
people are tied up and put inside a giant Christmas cake which slides
along
a conveyor toward aa giant oven, if they get free they go on to the next
round.

Otherwise they end up shrunk, chocolate coated, wrapped in pink cellophane
in a
tin of Quality Street.

No I've not been on anything alcoholic.

Only BBC comedians need that.

We watched Not Going Out, which SWMBO and I usually like. It was "LIVE" an
d unbelievably bad, made worse by either dubbed applause or an audience of