Grr.

Old October 7th 18, 09:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Grr.

I do wish spell-check would not keep turning Yagi into Yogi.
Its a damn conspiracy.

Old October 7th 18, 11:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 07/10/2018 08:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
I do wish spell-check would not keep turning Yagi into Yogi.

You will have to grin and bear it grin

Jim
Old October 7th 18, 12:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Brian Gaff wrote:
I do wish spell-check would not keep turning Yagi into Yogi.
Its a damn conspiracy.

I've never bothered will a spell checker and I seem to get along
fairly OK.

--
Chris Green
·
Old October 7th 18, 02:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Green

Chris Green wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
I do wish spell-check would not keep turning Yagi into Yogi.
Its a damn conspiracy.

I've never bothered will a spell checker and I seem to get along
fairly OK.

.... and it wouldn't have spotted that typo anyway! :-)

--
Chris Green
·
Old October 7th 18, 03:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robin[_10_]

On 07/10/2018 10:54, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 07/10/2018 08:41, Brian Gaff wrote:
I do wish spell-check would not keep turning Yagi into Yogi.

You will have to grin and bear it* grin

feels like déj* vu all over again

--
Robin
Old October 8th 18, 12:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/10/2018 11:44, Chris Green wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
I do wish spell-check would not keep turning Yagi into Yogi.
Its a damn conspiracy.

I've never bothered will a spell checker and I seem to get along
fairly OK.

No I dont bovva wiv won ither

Old October 8th 18, 08:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

Brian wrote:
I do wish spell-check would not keep turning Yagi into Yogi.
Its a damn conspiracy.

I've never bothered will a spell checker and I seem to get along
fairly OK.

No I dont bovva wiv won ither

Eye halve a spelling chequer. It came with my pea sea. It plainly
marques four my revue miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word and weight four it two say weather eye
am wrong oar write. It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid it nose bee fore two long, and eye can
put the error rite (Its really ever wrong).
Eye have run this poem threw it. I am shore your pleased two no its
letter perfect in it's weigh. My chequer tolled me sew.

:-)

Jim

Old October 8th 18, 10:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well, the problem is the brain gets the spelling right but my fingers don't
most of the time. Also one of the main issues I find is repeating letters
and missing spaces. Even though I can hear them as I type, the feedback is
often too late since I'm in the middle of a stream of consciousness,
thinking in sentences.

Mind you spell check comes into its own when you want to use words like
crustacean or antidisestablishmentarianism.

Old October 8th 18, 10:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

No other ones it wont spot are.
Pubic transport
Puke instead of Pike
etc.
Unfortunately grammar checkers are very very annoying since they assume you
want to be perfect, not talk like you speak. and my style is to write as I
speak or as somebody else speaks.
The other problem of course is that if its part of a computer program syntax
is all and spellcheckers should push off but often do not.