How do you turn on audio description on I Player

Old October 5th 18, 10:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 05/10/2018 17:56, Andy Burns wrote:
Max Demian wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

'Doctor Who' isn't audio described as far as I can tell.

Radio Times says it is.

iPlayer says otherwise ...

That's not "real" telly.

--
Max Demian
Old October 5th 18, 10:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

On 05/10/2018 18:43, johnt wrote:

Repeats Saturday mornings BBC2 2:30 am.

....with sign language (not that that'll bother Brian).

Rather confusingly billed as *Friday" 2:30 am in RT.

(I wonder whether it will have audio description _as well as_ signing?
Would that be for deaf/blind? Er... no. Maybe for a couple, one of which
is deaf, and the other blind... but how would they communicate?)

--
Max Demian
Old October 6th 18, 06:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]

Max Demian wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Max Demian wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

'Doctor Who' isn't audio described as far as I can tell.

Radio Times says it is.

iPlayer says otherwise ...

That's not "real" telly.

But it's what Brian's asking about ...

Old October 6th 18, 10:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 10:12:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

I knew a young Frenchman who married a young Dutch woman. They didn't appear to
be able to communicate verbally, but he still managed to make her pregnant.

This is not so remarkable when you consider we're the only lifeform on
the planet that ever uses verbal communication at all, and yet
everything alive today has managed to reproduce quite successfully
without it for the past few billion years.

Rod.

---

Old October 6th 18, 11:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 06/10/2018 10:28, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 10:12:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

I knew a young Frenchman who married a young Dutch woman. They didn't appear to
be able to communicate verbally, but he still managed to make her pregnant.

This is not so remarkable when you consider we're the only lifeform on
the planet that ever uses verbal communication at all, and yet
everything alive today has managed to reproduce quite successfully
without it for the past few billion years.

In any case teenagers communicate mostly by grunts, and they seem to
breed quite efficiently.

Old October 6th 18, 11:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Martin[_3_]

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on October 20, 2018.

On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 10:28:06 +0100, Roderick Stewart
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 10:12:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

I knew a young Frenchman who married a young Dutch woman. They didn't appear to
be able to communicate verbally, but he still managed to make her pregnant.

This is not so remarkable when you consider we're the only lifeform on
the planet that ever uses verbal communication at all, and yet
everything alive today has managed to reproduce quite successfully
without it for the past few billion years.

What was remarkable was that he married her :-)
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Old October 6th 18, 11:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 06/10/2018 11:21, Martin wrote:

This is not so remarkable when you consider we're the only lifeform on
the planet that ever uses verbal communication at all, and yet
everything alive today has managed to reproduce quite successfully
without it for the past few billion years.

What was remarkable was that he married her :-)

Well, yeah, I mean, French?