out of focus

Old September 30th 18, 11:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

Default out of focus

On 30/09/2018 05:47, Bill Wright wrote:

On 29/09/2018 22:24, Java Jive wrote:

I could post a copy of
the newsagent's monthly bill or I could photograph a whole lot of
Timeses that are on my desk right now

More simply, you could just stop using this ng as your personal sewer to
dispose of any piece of **** that comes floating into your head.

but why should I waste my time?

More to the point, why do you persist in wasting everyone else's?
Old September 30th 18, 08:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 30/09/2018 11:52, Java Jive wrote:
On 30/09/2018 05:47, Bill Wright wrote:

On 29/09/2018 22:24, Java Jive wrote:

I could post a copy of the newsagent's monthly bill or I could
photograph a whole lot of Timeses that are on my desk right now

More simply, you could just stop using this ng as your personal sewer to
dispose of any piece of **** that comes floating into your head.

You paint an unattractive picture.

but why should I waste my time?

More to the point, why do you persist in wasting everyone else's?

I think that because you don't agree with many of the things I say you
make the mistake of assuming that no-one finds them interesting. You
provide an interesting insight into the present-day tendency of the left
to attempt to censor everything they don't agree with.

Old September 30th 18, 08:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 30/09/2018 20:14, Bill Wright wrote:
On 30/09/2018 11:52, Java Jive wrote:
On 30/09/2018 05:47, Bill Wright wrote:

On 29/09/2018 22:24, Java Jive wrote:

I could post a copy of the newsagent's monthly bill or I could
photograph a whole lot of Timeses that are on my desk right now

More simply, you could just stop using this ng as your personal sewer
to dispose of any piece of **** that comes floating into your head.

You paint an unattractive picture.

I paint as I see.

but why should I waste my time?

More to the point, why do you persist in wasting everyone else's?

I think that because you don't agree with many of the things I say you
make the mistake of assuming that no-one finds them interesting.

*You* make the mistake of assuming that the OT bigoted crap you post is
of any interest to anyone. Try shutting the **** up and see who mourns!

You
provide an interesting insight into the present-day tendency of the left
to attempt to censor everything they don't agree with.

I'm not left wing, and free speech comes with a responsibility to tell
the truth, not peddle bigotry.

Old September 30th 18, 08:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 30/09/2018 20:19, Java Jive wrote:

*You* make the mistake of assuming that the OT bigoted crap you post is
of any interest to anyone.

I know my posts interest people because I get a lot of responses. Ever
such a lot. You?

Old September 30th 18, 10:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 30/09/2018 20:19, Java Jive wrote:

*You* make the mistake of assuming that the OT bigoted crap you post is
of any interest to anyone. Try shutting the **** up and see who mourns!

Me, for one!

Jim
Old September 30th 18, 10:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 30/09/2018 22:29, Indy Jess John wrote:

On 30/09/2018 20:19, Java Jive wrote:

*You* make the mistake of assuming that the OT bigoted crap you post is
of any interest to anyone.* Try shutting the **** up and see who mourns!

Me, for one!

So if Bill's OP had NOT included the rant ...

On 29/09/2018 04:42, Bill Wright wrote:
Incidentally I watch far more C5 now than BBC. It's refreshing to not
have the 'agenda' jumping out all the time.

.... you'd mourn? Why! If you need such bigoted input then it must be a
case of ...

On 29/09/2018 17:08, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well we each build our model of the universe in our heads and try to
only look at stuff that reinforces it. Its a known fact. I heard it

on Radio 4

FFS, get out more, get a life!
Old September 30th 18, 11:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 30/09/2018 22:51, Java Jive wrote:

FFS, get out more, get a life!

I have got one, thanks.
It has taught me that I don't have to agree or disagree with a point of
view in order to get something from it.

Jim
Old September 30th 18, 11:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_3_]

On 30/09/2018 20:41, Bill Wright wrote:

On 30/09/2018 20:19, Java Jive wrote:

*You* make the mistake of assuming that the OT bigoted crap you post
is of any interest to anyone.

I know my posts interest people because I get a lot of responses.

Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio is a great deal lower than it
need be.

You?

The last thread I started back in June asked a question and got 38
replies, which included answers to the question. Given that my area of
technical expertise lies outside the group subject area, I'm quite happy
with that.
Old October 1st 18, 02:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 30/09/2018 22:51, Java Jive wrote:
On 30/09/2018 22:29, Indy Jess John wrote:

On 30/09/2018 20:19, Java Jive wrote:

*You* make the mistake of assuming that the OT bigoted crap you post is
of any interest to anyone.* Try shutting the **** up and see who mourns!

Me, for one!

So if Bill's OP had NOT included the rant ...

On 29/09/2018 04:42, Bill Wright wrote:
Incidentally I watch far more C5 now than BBC. It's refreshing to not
have the 'agenda' jumping out all the time.

... you'd mourn?* Why!* If you need such bigoted input then it must be a
case of ...

On 29/09/2018 17:08, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well we each build our model of the universe in our heads and try to
only look at stuff that reinforces it. Its a known fact. I heard it

on Radio 4

FFS, get out more, get a life!

You're struggling now.

Old October 1st 18, 03:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 30/09/2018 23:20, Indy Jess John wrote:
On 30/09/2018 22:51, Java Jive wrote:

FFS, get out more, get a life!

I have got one, thanks.
It has taught me that I don't have to agree or disagree with a point of
view in order to get something from it.

Jim

Sometimes new evidence comes along that makes you change your mind;
sometimes as you go through life your experiences let you see things in
a new life. Those who cling to one set of beliefs all their lives are
idiots. Obviously there are some core beliefs that are eternal, but many
other beliefs, in particular those that describe the best way we can
achieve the goals of the core beliefs, are likely to change over time.