easdale

Old September 28th 18, 03:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default easdale

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/easdale.php

How come the support arms ('cradles') are in the same plane as the
elements? Why are the cables so untidy?

Old September 28th 18, 04:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_4_]

On Fri 28/09/2018 14:48, Bill Wright wrote:
http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/easdale.php

How come the support arms ('cradles') are in the same plane as the
elements? Why are the cables so untidy?

Bill

Is that an Arqiva site or is it a self-help site? Given your comments
Bill with which I agree and the use of commercial multi-yagis I would
suspect the latter.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old September 28th 18, 05:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles[_2_]

In article ,
Woody wrote:
On Fri 28/09/2018 14:48, Bill Wright wrote:
http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/easdale.php

How come the support arms ('cradles') are in the same plane as the
elements? Why are the cables so untidy?

Bill

Is that an Arqiva site or is it a self-help site? Given your comments
Bill with which I agree and the use of commercial multi-yagis I would
suspect the latter.

it was a BBC site, now Arqiva.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old September 28th 18, 08:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I cannot see it but from your comments it sounds like it was assembled by
scaffolders!

news

Old September 28th 18, 08:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 28/09/2018 15:19, Woody wrote:
On Fri 28/09/2018 14:48, Bill Wright wrote:
http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/easdale.php

How come the support arms ('cradles') are in the same plane as the
elements? Why are the cables so untidy?

Bill

Is that an Arqiva site or is it a self-help site? Given your comments
Bill with which I agree and the use of commercial multi-yagis I would
suspect the latter.

The yagi are standard issue, or used to be, for BBC/ITV sites. They were
made by J Beam.

Old September 28th 18, 09:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 28/09/2018 19:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
I cannot see it but from your comments it sounds like it was assembled by
scaffolders!
Brian

ERP 7Watts, so not many people receiving from it, I suspect.

Are highland-cow horns effective Yagis ?.
Old September 29th 18, 04:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 28/09/2018 20:07, Andrew wrote:
On 28/09/2018 19:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
I cannot see it but from your comments it sounds like it was assembled by
scaffolders!
* Brian

ERP 7Watts, so not many people receiving from it, I suspect.

Probably more people per watt than many main stations.

Bill

Are highland-cow horns effective Yagis ?

No. Too small and the interior is not a good RF reflector. Also the cows
won't keep still.