Humax PVP-4000T mislaid recordings

Old September 28th 18, 01:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Ward[_2_]

Default Humax PVP-4000T mislaid recordings

We have a Humax PVP4000T that my wife uses to record programmes on and
watch others on iPlayer.. On Wednesday from 5am until around 10pm our
fibre internet connection was down due to an Open Reach problem. As she
could not watch one that she wanted to on iPlayer she went to her
recorded programmes (there should have been 134 ) but all that was there
was one from earlier in the afternoon where the recording had only
lasted for a minute. Several others later in the evening only recorded
for one minute. All the recorded programmes on my Youview box were still
there.When the internet came back on iPlayer was again available but her
recorded programmes did not reappear until the morning.
I don't see how loss of the internet connection could cause the loss of
recordings on the HD.
Bill.
Old September 28th 18, 02:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Ward[_2_]

On 28/09/2018 08:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
Could this be DRM? Digital rights management, ie expiry dates for
rrecordings being honoured for recorded items?
Brian

I've not heard of that one before. Does it apply to TV programmes as
well as Movies? I have a lot of really old TV programmes and Movies on
my two boxes.
As they all went including ones from this week I don't think so. On
Wednesday night the HD showed as only 3% used and by yesterday was back
to 74%
Bill.
Old September 28th 18, 04:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

It may well be though that as bbc have messed with their I player site in
the last few days, the recordings are no recordings but place markers for
off line streams that are now somewhere else screwed up by the
broadcaster.

news

Old September 28th 18, 09:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

On 28/09/2018 13:27, Bill Ward wrote:
On 28/09/2018 08:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
Could this be DRM? Digital rights management, ie expiry dates for
rrecordings being honoured for recorded items?
* Brian

I've not heard of that one before. Does it apply to TV programmes as
well as Movies? I have a lot of really old TV programmes and Movies on
my two boxes.
As they all went including ones from this week I don't think so. On
Wednesday night the HD showed as only 3% used and by yesterday was back
to 74%
Bill.

Power OFF and Power back ON. Cures most wierd issues.
Old September 29th 18, 12:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Ward[_2_]

On 28/09/2018 15:25, Brian Gaff wrote:
It may well be though that as bbc have messed with their I player site in
the last few days, the recordings are no recordings but place markers for
off line streams that are now somewhere else screwed up by the
broadcaster.
Brian

Ones on the HD cannot be in that category.
Bill.
Old September 29th 18, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Ward[_2_]

On 29/09/2018 09:40, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 20:03:39 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 28/09/2018 13:27, Bill Ward wrote:
On 28/09/2018 08:42, Brian Gaff wrote:
Could this be DRM? Digital rights management, ie expiry dates for
rrecordings being honoured for recorded items?
* Brian

I've not heard of that one before. Does it apply to TV programmes as
well as Movies? I have a lot of really old TV programmes and Movies on
my two boxes.
As they all went including ones from this week I don't think so. On
Wednesday night the HD showed as only 3% used and by yesterday was back
to 74%
Bill.

Power OFF and Power back ON. Cures most wierd issues.

I had something similar when the Humax box's fan had died and the box was
overheating. Everything reappeared when things got cooler.

Ours does tend to get rather warm. My very old laptop also cuts out when
it gets hot. It then tells me my password is wrong so I turn it off and
on and then it accepts it.
Bill.