anyway to get out of Dish contract because of wife bitching?

Old June 9th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Bruce[_5_]

Default anyway to get out of Dish contract because of wife bitching?

Hi, Last Nov. I went against my wife's choice and got Dish because it saves
us money. I especially like superstations.
Last Nov. here in Nebraska an installer had a difficult time too fine a
clear line of sight. He installed it in front of a tree. Not a preference
but only choice with the tree without leaves. I had no signal issues since
the last month. Keep in mind my wife keeps bitching on and on. The past
month the leaves have appeared and I have been losing local spot beams? and
everytime it rains or the wind blows my signal cuts in and out.
I had a service tech come out. They were going to charge me but I told them
it was an installation issue. The service tech said he could move the
satellite to the Western Arc or 61.5. From what I read I didn't want that.
What I really wanted him to say and confirm I have no line of sight leaving
the contract void. He called his boss and said as long as a clear line of
sight is available he had to fix it. So now I have a satellite with 2 beams
and a single satellite with one beam. So I have 2 satellites. I have I think
is 110, 119 and 129. My wife really bitches at me now! She said the
dishes look like ass. Me? I think those big satellites are in my dreams. I
really thought he would write I have no line of site as I am tired of
hearing her bitch in rain fade. Married is bitch, bitch, bitch. Any ideas
how I can get out of the Dish contract, send the receivers back and go back
to her "beloved cable"? To me Dish is so much better-she has got her
stubborn attitude! Any way to get out without breaking the contract.
thanks

Old June 10th 10, 10:55 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
carlkeehn

"Bruce" wrote in message
[...]

If you want to get out, break the contract and pay the early termination
fee.

Old June 14th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Richard Crowley[_3_]

"carlkeehn" wrote
If you want to get out, break the contract and pay the early termination
fee.

Its not even that easy to get rid of DishNetwork at the end of the contract.
Rather like trying to get dog-poop off your shoe. I wouldn't go back to
Dish
if they were the last distributor on the planet.

Old June 14th 10, 07:45 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Lloyd Parsons

In article ,
"Richard Crowley" wrote:

"carlkeehn" wrote
If you want to get out, break the contract and pay the early termination
fee.

Its not even that easy to get rid of DishNetwork at the end of the contract.
Rather like trying to get dog-poop off your shoe. I wouldn't go back to
Dish
if they were the last distributor on the planet.

It is very simple at end of contract. Call, cancel, send back
equipment, done.

--
Lloyd

Old June 14th 10, 08:51 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Bruce[_5_]

I was going to say it was easy at the end of the contract 10 years ago. It
was hassle free.
"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message

"carlkeehn" wrote

Old June 14th 10, 09:57 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Richard Crowley[_3_]

"Bruce" wrote ...
It is very simple at end of contract. Call, cancel, send back
equipment, done.

Apparently their business practices have changed since then.
They kept calling me back and demanding this or that fee or
trying to dun me for services I didn't have, or claiming I didn't
send something back. I had photos of what I put into the box
and the receipt from UPS, so they had to find other paths of
harassment. Only after I started harassing them back did they
finally stop calling me.

And that was after they demanded my (self-purchased) receiver
and LNB "back" and kept "forgetting" that I had two registered
(and paid) receiver accounts. They were no end of hassle. Then
when I discovered many times per week that I hade the proverbial
"120 channels and nothing to watch", I decided that the entire
service wasn't worth a fraction of what I was paying for it. All I
have to say at this point is Good Riddance.