DirecTV Argentina in USA

Old February 24th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs

Default DirecTV Argentina in USA

Hi Satelite Gurus,
I would like to subscribe to DirecTV Argentina and would love to
be able to view it in North Miami. I currently have DirecTV in the
states with the High Definition anthena (don't know the name of the
anthena, but is fairly larger than the regular one). If i bring the
receiver from DirecTV Argentina to the USA, will I be able to watch it
with my anthena? Is it possible?

Thanks in advanced...
Old February 24th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Patty Winter[_2_]

In article ,
J wrote:
Hi Satelite Gurus,
I would like to subscribe to DirecTV Argentina and would love to
be able to view it in North Miami. I currently have DirecTV in the
states with the High Definition anthena (don't know the name of the
anthena, but is fairly larger than the regular one). If i bring the
receiver from DirecTV Argentina to the USA, will I be able to watch it
with my anthena? Is it possible?

I just looked around and discovered a DirecTV South America footprint
map at:

http://www.kvh.com/footprint/footprint_tv.asp

KVH supplies satellite TV and internet service to mobile users (cars,
boats, etc.), apparently using DirecTV's satellites. If you click on
the South America Coverage map link, you'll see that the image says
DirecTV on it. And it shows a small, separate footprint in southern
Florida. So you may be in luck. But hopefully someone who's actually
done it will answer your question.

Patty

Old February 25th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs

On Feb 24, 2:12*pm, Patty Winter wrote:
In article ,

J wrote:
[...]

I've actualy heard of someone who has tried it and they are able to
receive most of the channels, but not all of them. They are using the
regular dish provided by DirecTV so I was wondering if the fact that
i'm using an HD dish will help in a better reception (all channels).
Old February 25th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Robert Peirce

In article
,
J wrote:

I've actualy heard of someone who has tried it and they are able to
receive most of the channels, but not all of them. They are using the
regular dish provided by DirecTV so I was wondering if the fact that
i'm using an HD dish will help in a better reception (all channels).

I have a condo that is on the edge of a spot beam for my local channels.
Most of the time I can get them but in the summer when there is a lot of
high altitude turbulence, the signal strength can go to zero. FL, being
closer to the equator, may be better, but don't expect perfection when
you are trying to receive signals that are not actually aimed at you.

--
Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]

Old February 25th 08, 03:42 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs

On Feb 24, 8:29*pm, Robert Peirce
wrote:
In article
,

*J wrote:
I've actualy heard of someone who has tried it and they are able to
receive most of the channels, but not all of them. They are using the
regular dish provided by DirecTV so I was wondering if the fact that
i'm using an HD dish will help in a better reception (all channels).

I have a condo that is on the edge of a spot beam for my local channels. *
Most of the time I can get them but in the summer when there is a lot of
high altitude turbulence, the signal strength can go to zero. *FL, being
closer to the equator, may be better, but don't expect perfection when
you are trying to receive signals that are not actually aimed at you.

--
Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA *724-941-6883
bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]
rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office]

Thank you guys for your posts. I will try it and post here the
results. Is there anything else I should take into consideration?
Old February 26th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Patty Winter[_2_]

In article ,
Timothy Daniels wrote:
"Patty Winter" wrote:

If you click on
the South America Coverage map link, you'll see that the image says
DirecTV on it. And it shows a small, separate footprint in southern
Florida...

That's called a "toe print". :-)

:-) Good name!

Patty
Old June 21st 12, 06:06 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs

On Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:41:53 AM UTC-5, J wrote:
Hi Satelite Gurus,
I would like to subscribe to DirecTV Argentina and would love to
be able to view it in North Miami. I currently have DirecTV in the
states with the High Definition anthena (don't know the name of the
anthena, but is fairly larger than the regular one). If i bring the
receiver from DirecTV Argentina to the USA, will I be able to watch it
with my anthena? Is it possible?

Thanks in advanced...

Have you being able to this to work for Channels 2,7,9,11,13 ant TN? Thank you!
Old November 3rd 13, 04:30 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs

On Sunday, February 24, 2008 10:41:53 AM UTC-5, J wrote:
Hi Satelite Gurus,
I would like to subscribe to DirecTV Argentina and would love to
be able to view it in North Miami. I currently have DirecTV in the
states with the High Definition anthena (don't know the name of the
anthena, but is fairly larger than the regular one). If i bring the
receiver from DirecTV Argentina to the USA, will I be able to watch it
with my anthena? Is it possible?

Thanks in advanced...

Hey, I can imagine that you are an argentinian. I am too and I did the same thing that you were asking about. Were you able to ever find the satellite? (I am not) and watch the programming? I know that this is a very old post but if you did can you help me. Thanks Rodrigo

Old November 15th 15, 01:38 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs

On Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 10:41:53 AM UTC-5, J wrote:
Hi Satelite Gurus,
I would like to subscribe to DirecTV Argentina and would love to
be able to view it in North Miami. I currently have DirecTV in the
states with the High Definition anthena (don't know the name of the
anthena, but is fairly larger than the regular one). If i bring the
receiver from DirecTV Argentina to the USA, will I be able to watch it
with my anthena? Is it possible?

Thanks in advanced...

hola me gustaria tener directv argentina en miami y me preguntava si te gustaria conpartir el bill de la factura de dtv argentina gracias

Practical experiences in HDTV in Argentina Victor Acuña High definition TV 8 July 5th 07 03:17 PM
Dish Network vs. DirecTV, for those thinking of switching to DirecTV Dave Satellite dbs 53 June 27th 06 11:00 PM
DirecTV Tivo receiver with DirecTV latinamerica feed Javier Minero Satellite dbs 1 September 14th 04 04:43 AM
brazil argentina rat UK sky 2 June 1st 04 05:50 PM
have hughes tivo bottom line directv receiver. want to enable usb for ethernet. possible ? directv says disabled. 35 hour unit. same as RCA. MegaZone Tivo personal television 3 February 26th 04 03:39 PM