VGA to dvi

Old June 28th 07, 05:55 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
BAC

Default VGA to dvi

Hello guys.

Is there somebody has a diagram for to build vga too dvi converter.

Regards.
bac
Old June 28th 07, 06:03 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
G-squared

On Jun 28, 9:55 am, BAC wrote:
Hello guys.

Is there somebody has a diagram for to build vga too dvi converter.

Regards.
bac

I don't think you'll find this to be a home project. The VGA is analog
RGB. It has to be A-D converted, transcoded to component - preferably
in the digital domain and then interfaced to the DVI port. You might
have better luck with a VGA to HDMI adaptor and then an HDMI to DVI.

GG

Old June 28th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Jan B

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:03:06 -0700, G-squared
wrote:

On Jun 28, 9:55 am, BAC wrote:
Hello guys.

Is there somebody has a diagram for to build vga too dvi converter.

Regards.
bac

I don't think you'll find this to be a home project. The VGA is analog
RGB. It has to be A-D converted, transcoded to component - preferably
in the digital domain and then interfaced to the DVI port. You might
have better luck with a VGA to HDMI adaptor and then an HDMI to DVI.

Unless the need is to connect a VGA signal to a DVI-I (DVI-A) analogue
input ... which I _think_ exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

/Jan
Old June 29th 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
G-squared

wrote:

On Jun 28, 9:55 am, BAC wrote:
Hello guys.

Is there somebody has a diagram for to build vga too dvi converter.

Regards.
bac

I don't think you'll find this to be a home project. The VGA is analog
RGB. It has to be A-D converted, transcoded to component - preferably
in the digital domain and then interfaced to the DVI port. You might
have better luck with a VGA to HDMI adaptor and then an HDMI to DVI.

Unless the need is to connect a VGA signal to a DVI-I (DVI-A) analogue
input ... which I _think_ exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

/Jan

Isn't DVI "Digital Visual Interface"? I know (and forgot) about the
analog feeds but since they're analog, I don't consider them
'digital'. The DVI I use is the 'real McCoy' and works well. I don't
know if the Samsung supports the analog feeds in the DVI cable.

GG

Old June 29th 07, 05:55 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
Jan B

wrote:

On Jun 28, 9:55 am, BAC wrote:
Hello guys.

Is there somebody has a diagram for to build vga too dvi converter.

Regards.
bac

I don't think you'll find this to be a home project. The VGA is analog
RGB. It has to be A-D converted, transcoded to component - preferably
in the digital domain and then interfaced to the DVI port. You might
have better luck with a VGA to HDMI adaptor and then an HDMI to DVI.

Unless the need is to connect a VGA signal to a DVI-I (DVI-A) analogue
input ... which I _think_ exists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

/Jan

Isn't DVI "Digital Visual Interface"?

Sure.

I know (and forgot) about the
analog feeds but since they're analog, I don't consider them
'digital'.

You shouldn't.
The analogue input in the same connector is only to save a connector.

The DVI I use is the 'real McCoy' and works well. I don't
know if the Samsung supports the analog feeds in the DVI cable.

Maybe you know the background to the question, but it wasn't clear
what the purpose was.
/Jan
Old June 29th 07, 06:41 AM posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv
G-squared

On Jun 28, 9:55 pm, Jan B wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:37:23 -0700, G-squared
wrote:

snip
Isn't DVI "Digital Visual Interface"?

Sure.

I know (and forgot) about the
analog feeds but since they're analog, I don't consider them
'digital'.

You shouldn't.
The analogue input in the same connector is only to save a

connector.

The DVI I use is the 'real McCoy' and works well. I don't
know if the Samsung supports the analog feeds in the DVI cable.

Maybe you know the background to the question, but it wasn't clear
what the purpose was.
/Jan

I _didn't_ know the background, forgot the analog in DVI and then made
the mistake of assuming he meant digital. Given the pin spacing, I
wouldn't be incliend to make my own cable when one can get a built and
tested one for low bucks. But, to each their own.

GG