A Home cinema forum. HomeCinemaBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HomeCinemaBanter forum » Home cinema newsgroups » UK digital tv
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

How do you turn on audio description on I Player



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old October 5th 18, 11:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,353
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 05/10/2018 17:56, Andy Burns wrote:
Max Demian wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

'Doctor Who' isn't audio described as far as I can tell.


Radio Times says it is.


iPlayer says otherwise ...


That's not "real" telly.

--
Max Demian
  #12  
Old October 5th 18, 11:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,353
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 05/10/2018 18:43, johnt wrote:

Repeats Saturday mornings BBC2 2:30 am.


....with sign language (not that that'll bother Brian).

Rather confusingly billed as *Friday" 2:30 am in RT.

(I wonder whether it will have audio description _as well as_ signing?
Would that be for deaf/blind? Er... no. Maybe for a couple, one of which
is deaf, and the other blind... but how would they communicate?)

--
Max Demian
  #13  
Old October 6th 18, 07:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_12_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 760
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

Max Demian wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Max Demian wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

'Doctor Who' isn't audio described as far as I can tell.

Radio Times says it is.


iPlayer says otherwise ...


That's not "real" telly.


But it's what Brian's asking about ...

  #14  
Old October 6th 18, 11:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,411
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 10:12:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

I knew a young Frenchman who married a young Dutch woman. They didn't appear to
be able to communicate verbally, but he still managed to make her pregnant.


This is not so remarkable when you consider we're the only lifeform on
the planet that ever uses verbal communication at all, and yet
everything alive today has managed to reproduce quite successfully
without it for the past few billion years.

Rod.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

  #15  
Old October 6th 18, 12:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,079
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 06/10/2018 10:28, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Sat, 06 Oct 2018 10:12:12 +0200, Martin wrote:

I knew a young Frenchman who married a young Dutch woman. They didn't appear to
be able to communicate verbally, but he still managed to make her pregnant.


This is not so remarkable when you consider we're the only lifeform on
the planet that ever uses verbal communication at all, and yet
everything alive today has managed to reproduce quite successfully
without it for the past few billion years.


In any case teenagers communicate mostly by grunts, and they seem to
breed quite efficiently.

Bill
  #16  
Old October 6th 18, 12:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,079
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 06/10/2018 11:21, Martin wrote:

This is not so remarkable when you consider we're the only lifeform on
the planet that ever uses verbal communication at all, and yet
everything alive today has managed to reproduce quite successfully
without it for the past few billion years.


What was remarkable was that he married her :-)

Well, yeah, I mean, French?

Bill
  #17  
Old October 21st 18, 04:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
critcher[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 127
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 05/10/2018 19:30, Brian Gaff wrote:
They obviously seem to think, then that we only watch those? There are many
which do not need it and so what would be good is a little marked graphic
available with ad in the list for a given day. The whole point of
accessibility is to allow us to use the site as others do, and as we have no
overview, it would make perfect sense to have it against the list as you
cursor down it.
Brian

on my Panasonic freeview recorder, there is an A/D button on the remote
which switches the description on.
  #18  
Old October 22nd 18, 09:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 817
Default How do you turn on audio description on I Player

On 21/10/18 15:54, critcher wrote:
On 05/10/2018 19:30, Brian Gaff wrote:
They obviously seem to think, then that we only watch those? There are many
which do not need it and so what would be good is a little marked graphic
available with ad in the list for a given day. The whole point of
accessibility is to allow us to use the site as others do, and as we have no
overview, it would make perfect sense to have it against the list as you
cursor down it.
Brian

on my Panasonic freeview recorder, there is an A/D button on the remote
which switches the description on.

There is on mine too, but it's odd that Panasonic does not put an AD
button on the TV remote. You'd think it would be more important to have
one there than on the PVR remote.

--

Jeff
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reliability and Slow turn-on and turn-off DLP TVs # Fred # High definition TV 6 January 11th 07 02:51 PM
Audio description with a Freeview receiver [email protected] UK digital tv 5 November 29th 05 06:03 PM
audio description wahey yip yo Damon UK sky 2 June 28th 04 05:59 PM
Is There a Schedule for Programmes with Audio Description...? John Hawkins UK digital tv 12 January 6th 04 06:14 PM
Subs and Audio description on Nebula -> DVD tHatDudeUK UK digital tv 0 October 12th 03 09:16 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 HomeCinemaBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.