whatever happened to a.s.t.c and a.s.t.e?

Old October 2nd 18, 11:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen[_10_]

Default whatever happened to a.s.t.c and a.s.t.e?

I've been personally involved with "proper" (i.e. not just
sky/freeview) satellite for well over 20 years now recieving from a wide
portion of the clarke belt.

I was an avid reader of and contributor to a.s.t.c and a.s.t.e. (fellow
satellite tv enthusiasts will know what I am talking about!)

I became a lapsed viewer of these two newsgroups some years ago.

I decided to take a trip down memory lane and meander to these two
newsgroups....

Where have they all gone??? This group is now more lively than a.s.t.c
and a.s.t.e. Has everyone all now switched to IPTV now?
Old October 3rd 18, 09:31 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall[_2_]

In message , Stephen
writes
I've been personally involved with "proper" (i.e. not just
sky/freeview) satellite for well over 20 years now recieving from a
wide portion of the clarke belt.

I was an avid reader of and contributor to a.s.t.c and a.s.t.e. (fellow
satellite tv enthusiasts will know what I am talking about!)

I became a lapsed viewer of these two newsgroups some years ago.

I decided to take a trip down memory lane and meander to these two
newsgroups....

Where have they all gone??? This group is now more lively than a.s.t.c
and a.s.t.e. Has everyone all now switched to IPTV now?

They have probably mostly switched to Web forums and Facebook groups,
preferring flashy bells and whistles to the perceived boring
functionality of newsgroups. A similar decline has happened to many
previously flourishing newsgroups.
--
John Hall
"Hegel was right when he said that we learn from history