Argentina DirecTV in USA?

Old October 10th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
gafero

Default Argentina DirecTV in USA?

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me determine if it will
be possible to receive a DirecTV signal from Argentina in the
USA..specifically in NC. I've been reading about people wanting to do
the reverse and have mostly seen that it won't work because of the
footprint of the satellite. Can anyone help me determine if what I'm
asking is possible and how I can determine it for certain?

Thanks,
gafero
Old October 10th 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
Raymond Feist

In article
,
gafero wrote:

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me determine if it will
be possible to receive a DirecTV signal from Argentina in the
USA..specifically in NC. I've been reading about people wanting to do
the reverse and have mostly seen that it won't work because of the
footprint of the satellite. Can anyone help me determine if what I'm
asking is possible and how I can determine it for certain?

Thanks,
gafero

I should think you could find that out on the website; see what's
offered in the Para Todos Spanish Language package. If it's not in
there, I doubt you can get to Argentina feeds with DirecTV. You'd
probably need a big dish.

Best, R.E.F.

--
Never attribute to malice what can
satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
Old October 10th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
jAk

On 10/10/09 9:26 AM, gafero wrote:
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me determine if it will
be possible to receive a DirecTV signal from Argentina in the
USA..specifically in NC. I've been reading about people wanting to do
the reverse and have mostly seen that it won't work because of the
footprint of the satellite. Can anyone help me determine if what I'm
asking is possible and how I can determine it for certain?

Thanks,
gafero

DirecTV offers satellite service in Argentina?

Look here...

http://www.lyngsat.com/

and

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conten...oternavtype=-1

Old November 11th 09, 03:59 AM posted to rec.video.satellite.dbs
seba

On Oct 10, 11:26*am, gafero wrote:
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone can help me determine if it will
be possible to receive a DirecTV signal from Argentina in the
USA..specifically in NC. *I've been reading about people wanting to do
the reverse and have mostly seen that it won't work because of the
footprint of the satellite. *Can anyone help me determine if what I'm
asking is possible and how I can determine it for certain?

Thanks,
gafero

Hace un año que estoy con esto. Vivo en Miami, y me traje el DTV de
Arg.
Se pueden ver muchos canales, la mayoria...pero ninguno de los
locales.
NO se ve el 7, 9, 2, 11, 13, y ninguno de los de noticias.(que supongo
que es por estos canales que queres ese servicio)
Se ven los HBo, cinemax, y los discovery,gourmet, utilisima, y TCM de
alla que pasan muy buenas series, Combate, los invasores, etc)
Ya probe todo. Incluso con un dish de 1, 20mt.
Saludos, Sebastian

DirecTV Argentina in USA J Satellite dbs 9 November 15th 15 12:38 PM
Practical experiences in HDTV in Argentina Victor Acuña High definition TV 8 July 5th 07 02:17 PM
Dish Network vs. DirecTV, for those thinking of switching to DirecTV Dave Satellite dbs 53 June 27th 06 10:00 PM
brazil argentina rat UK sky 2 June 1st 04 04:50 PM
have hughes tivo bottom line directv receiver. want to enable usb for ethernet. possible ? directv says disabled. 35 hour unit. same as RCA. MegaZone Tivo personal television 3 February 26th 04 02:39 PM