Samgung dvd-hd931 with dvi out to Panasonic TH-42PX20U/P plasma with hdmi

Old March 12th 04, 03:50 AM
Viral Bhatt

Default Samgung dvd-hd931 with dvi out to Panasonic TH-42PX20U/P plasma with hdmi

Hi!

I am thinking about purchasing Panasonic Plasma HDTV model #
TH-42PX20U/P and Samsung DVD-HD931 with DVI out.

Panasonic Plasma doesn't have a DVI input, but has a HDMI input.

I know from my research that in order to get the best performance out
of the Samsung HD-931 one has to use the DVI out. The question I have
is since the Panasonic Plasma doesn't have DVI input, I will be using
a DVI to HDMI cable to connect from the DVD player to the plasma,

will
I still get best the performance out of the dvd player and the plasma
using this setup?

I will appreciate your reply at

Thank you in advance.

Viral

Old March 12th 04, 01:11 PM
Dennis' Newsgroups

"Viral Bhatt" wrote in message
om...
Hi!

I am thinking about purchasing Panasonic Plasma HDTV model #
TH-42PX20U/P and Samsung DVD-HD931 with DVI out.

Panasonic Plasma doesn't have a DVI input, but has a HDMI input.

I know from my research that in order to get the best performance out
of the Samsung HD-931 one has to use the DVI out. The question I have
is since the Panasonic Plasma doesn't have DVI input, I will be using
a DVI to HDMI cable to connect from the DVD player to the plasma,

will
I still get best the performance out of the dvd player and the plasma
using this setup?

I will appreciate your reply at

Thank you in advance.

Viral

I believe Panasonic sells a converter cable since HDMI is downward
compatible to DVI-HDCP.

Here are some:

http://ww3.onecall.com/PID_23399.htm

Dennis